There's gold in them there hills boy!!

Page  12>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: There's gold in them there hills boy!!
    Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 5:10pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I have always been a proponent of effort that reeks reward.
And when it comes to Gamefishing I have put some miles with and without smiles over the years.

On reflection finding my fish in this country I feel has been blind luck with countless hours off and on the water effort and relying on a broad base of fishing experience coupled with an intense desire to acquire my own goals.

And because these visiting pelagics are spread over such a big space for such a short window anything to improve the odds of success I have continually embraced.

And one such tool I have welcomed is the value of SSTs.
Yes I'm a fan and yes I have banged on before.
But there is a reason for my madness, just hang on.

Although I have for sometime recognised there value the actual refined use of such a powerful tool has escaped me.
For me I liken it to a treasure map.
I got it for free, however the map was incomplete. It showed me that the treasure was there all I had to do was fill in the space from start to x marks the spot. Someone had the pieces in between.

Now I know I can be a muppet in my own world of enthusiasm to understand tools of tech, which like many can lead one down the wrong paths to spot x.
BUT IVE FINALLY FOUND THE MISSING PIECES.

They are in next weeks installment of ......

No they are in Mangre's first set of tutorials for his SSTs.

They are however locked. And the key is a cost. You have to be a subscriber to his tools.
To be honest. If your prepared to spend the money you already have on the boat, the gear the gas and the brownie points you may just think that this is not a bridge to far.

I wish these keys or map coordinates were there when I first started using this map.

So the gold is in them there hills, you just have to trade more trinkets for the missing puzzle pieces.
Just cruising in my now sweetas pimped out Southern 755 HT0!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 6:21pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Mattoo, I believe you.
But how far do the maps extend? Is it Jaffa land and North, or below East cape?
Regards
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 6:37pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Oh Alan,

I think the term is, you'd cream yourself.
They do the upper north island both coasts.
And down to a place called gisborne I believe.
Kidding, down below waihau to east cape at least.
The overall cloud free sst shows from Palmerston I believe both coasts up to the Kings.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 7:23pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I agree with your synopsis. We spend endless hrs and $s preparing, scheming, planning and boat time. Anything that shortens the odds is worth it.
How do you sign up?
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote yknot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 8:32pm
yknot View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Those that say it can't be done are being overtaken by those doing it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mangre 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 11:37pm
mangre 2 View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

lol  good one...

Beautiful is better than ugly, Explicit is better than implicit, Simple is better than complex, Complex is better than complicated.      http://oceanmobilemap.blogspot.co.nz/
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 7:00pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Mangre loled,

Store that one.

Alan did you check the prices of the SSTs and formulas to use that tool.

Interested to know what you thought.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 8:52pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yes, checked site out - don't know about the tools.
Crap weather right now - 30 knt southerly, rain. So nothing doing right now. Figured if it was to be any use to me, prob from later this month onward. Was going to log on then.
Regards
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 6:33pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

As an update to finding gold.

Well the last few days have undeniably reinforced my belief in these tools.
Considering for me it has taken some time to get to grips with how to interpret the info.
As I'm improving I found this last trip I was getting good results.
I may not of caught a fish but I was in the zones that caught fish and picked some I didn't get to that did produce fish.

As Mangre 2 won't put me on commission or even share a piece of wild pork as commission I can without prejudice support these tools as pieces of the arsenal of weapons we require.

Oh and thanks, Mangre 2 for you patience.
The tutorials and vid updates cracked it for me.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 12:54pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by MATTOO MATTOO wrote:

Mangre loled,

Store that one.

Alan did you check the prices of the SSTs and formulas to use that tool.

Interested to know what you thought.

About to sign up to;

Is that the correct link? I don't see anything about Tools. Is it the videos?
Thanks
Alan

Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jakepitsville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 4:05pm
jakepitsville View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

tools are epic, done quite a few seasons with the service now!  rate the gold as high
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 4:40pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Have I got the right link?
I can't find anything relating to Tools.
Thanks
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote yknot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 5:26pm
yknot View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Once signed up you get sent link to access data files and the videos.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 5:33pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thanks Ynot. I am guessing then that the 'Tools' are included in the above?
Thanks
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 6:37pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Don't worry Alan,

Paul has a few different leashes, he will be able to walk you through it or drag you.

He's still helping me use my cane.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 7:25pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Ok, on to it.
Thanks
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 8:26am
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

OK, gave it my best shot, but I have blown $275 I am sure. Waaay beyond me. Had to buy some Microsoft file - which meant setting up a Microsoft Ac. Which meant getting a Microsoft code - which impressed me - they phoned a code to my landline right away. Then something weird happened and it has locked me out for a month until I get a new code.
Tried to download the files that paul sent - after installing the map App. They won't open because I don't have the right App to open the files, now they are all in Adobe.
Way beyond me to get in to this system.
We are off for a hunt on Tues, but we will have to fly blind unfortunately.
Regards
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote yknot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 8:41am
yknot View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Once you have it set up will be sweet, are you in Auckland?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 9:22am
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hawkes Bay.
Things are different down here :-)
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote mangre 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 11:15am
mangre 2 View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

email sent.

You have taken out the Month Subscription $68. 
If you read the email instructions you should be fine.

Always happy to work you through it.

Cheers

Beautiful is better than ugly, Explicit is better than implicit, Simple is better than complex, Complex is better than complicated.      http://oceanmobilemap.blogspot.co.nz/
Page  12>