Awesome early morning surfcast sesh along the Bays

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote nzfishwhisperer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Awesome early morning surfcast sesh along the Bays
    Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 5:33pm
nzfishwhisperer View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

With the bright and still weather around for the past couple days I decided to head off for an early morning surfcast sesh down the bay.

Arriving just after the turn of the tide I had a couple of hours before light, sometimes the bites can be fast and furious this time of the day and then die away to nothing as the sun wakes up so I quickly set up and got my first bait out. I had a little bit of my berley bites left and flicked them out as far as I could, I didn't think the berley had set in yet but it was pretty instant and I was hooked up to my first fish.

It was a nice solid red for the bays at around 50cm and headed for the bin, casting out my next bait it was hit with in seconds. The fish were defiantly here and another nice fish around 40cm made it's way in, knowing that the bites may die away at light this one also headed for the bin.

Each bait thrown out was pretty much hit straight away and the rod never made it to my rod spike, when the bites are like this and you know you only have a couple hours before light I always stand at the ready. Again I was hooked up and it was another very nice fish around 50cm, another nice fish for the bin.

The bites were constant through the dark and as the sun rose the bites died away as expected but not before I caught a few more fish around 35-40cm, it was an awesome morning with a hot bite, I had a couple of solid hits to and got dusted in the foul a couple times but headed home with 5-6 nice fish in the bin just after 8.00.

This time of year fishing the shallows early morning or just before dark is the way to go...

Tight lines

REEL KIWI Fishing Fish Whisperer #lovemyfishing