Surtees 575 on a voyager a17?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dmnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Surtees 575 on a voyager a17?
    Posted: 16 Nov 2018 at 9:20am
Dmnz View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi guys we are in the market for a Surtees 575 and likely will just purchase new on an alloy trailer (unless someone has one for sale today)

We have seen a 575 on a voyager a17 trailer and wonder if anyone has any comments on this. Generally the trailer seems pretty short and I wonder if the launch and retrieve would be an issue with catching the deflectors.

Or is this not really a major issue?

Any comments appreciated, or if anyone with a newish 575 is looking to upgrade to a 610, maybe we can do a deal before we order one!

Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muzzfishing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 9:56pm
Muzzfishing View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Dont know about Voyager trailer but the problem youare talking about is due to retrieving in shallow water, When the back rollers drop down and get caught above and below the  spray deflector. Surtees now Epic trailers have a bracket bolted to trailer frame to stop the end roller dropping down to far. I can get a photo for you if you need to seewhat I am talking about. 
    A Good Skipper Keeps the water on the outside of the boat.