Kings of the Coromandel is Live

Page  <12345 6>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Builder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2006 at 5:39pm
The Builder View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

well done that Man !

like 10 Tees (small size ) with Fishing . net on the front &   "The Builder  " on the back, way to go to spread the word surely ? thanks for your efforts Bud.

Around now people should this thing be posted in The Briny Bar ?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote blacksnapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2006 at 11:07pm
blacksnapper View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Heard about six months ago this comp was to be line fishing and spearfishing does appear its line only,had anyone else heard any different

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote edge01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2006 at 12:33am
edge01 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

see the rules and reg on 'Kings of the Coromandel'

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote billpears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2006 at 12:52pm
billpears View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Edge, would you PM me your a/c no please and i'll put some dollars in fot two shirts--large
Thanks,
      Bill
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jacko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2006 at 1:04pm
Jacko View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Was just organising some accomodation in corro for the contest and was wondering what the story was was with ramps and tides.Is there an all tide ramp in close to corro town or can we launch from Long Bay or whats the guts. Edge PM me to please with your AC no

cheers Jacko

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote edge01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2006 at 1:31pm
edge01 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

jacko, there are a couple of choices for ramps. Te Kouma bay ramp which is all tides all weather. Its about 5 minutes south of coromandel. or you might be able to put in from long bay, but the tide goes out a long way, and if youre like me and dont like launching off the sand, then te kouma is the place. heaps of parking etc. ramp fees apply $10 per day. I might see the TCDC with Milans approval and see what they can do for us as ramp users.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jacko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2006 at 1:44pm
Jacko View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Thanks Edge . I was hoping that was the case as I've just scored some beds in corro town. Pity its not happening sooner. cheers.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2006 at 1:52pm
mozz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

at the moment not many of my mates seem interested so anyone who doesnt have a boat or mates to fish with I will be taking my boat down a 4.5m ramco with livie tank etc and camping at long bay.

anyone outhere going solo?

p.s edge I will take a L shirt

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2006 at 1:57pm
JK View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

sounds tempting waves but got another with me and currently doing it from the bricks altho may take a lil boat down, not sure
LedgeNZ LBG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2006 at 3:03pm
Barrie View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Te Kouma may end up being quite crowded but there are other ramps
Anglers lodge is a concrete ramp and is good on all tides and most winds (not howling gails) except for the north west
Omamru bay is a half tide ramp and is good almost all winds and Papa Aroha has creek launching 2.5 hrs either side of high and tractor launching all tides
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jacko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2006 at 3:59pm
Jacko View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

What distance is it from Coro to Anglers Lodge.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2006 at 4:20pm
Barrie View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

16 kms or 20 minutes
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2006 at 4:40pm
JK View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

barrie whats the fall like at amodeo? remember it being pretty steep which is good for us as the bloody tilt  on the motor is broken hehe
LedgeNZ LBG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Builder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2006 at 7:11pm
The Builder View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Quote: Originally posted by edge01 on 21 February 2006
Te Kouma bay ramp which is all tides all weather. Its about 5 minutes south of coromandel. or you might be able to put in from long bay, but the tide goes out a long way, and if youre like me and dont like launching off the sand, then te kouma is the place. heaps of parking etc. ramp fees apply $10 per day. I might see the TCDC with Milans approval and see what they can do for us as ramp users.

Jaffa,s Accomodation Officer !  along with your splendid efforts with the Tees Bud, reckon your the man to organize us a house that will sleep approx 9 fisho,s  say 3 boats , close to the Te Kouma ramp. not into paddling around in the mud, ( besides, need to get to the event before Boulder tee hee) please p.m. me if you think it,s a go ?

have e-mailed both Moohando & Long Bay Camp from the Comp web site but no replys ? you reckon they got probs there ?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2006 at 7:53pm
Barrie View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

JK
The ramp is not a steep one but if the rocks get over the ramp, its 4WD needed
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote edge01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2006 at 12:51am
edge01 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Builder, I am not a magician...................3 boats..........9 people. Youre nuts Moohando is away fishing .Long bay motor camp workon 'Coromandel Time' which means that they will get to it when they are ready and not before. Hmmm, come to think of it builder.........i might know a place. let me use my evil contacts..............will just be a matter of if its free ( cant think of why anyone would want to holiday at the beach in the middle of winter) and the coin involved. Special winter rates should apply
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2006 at 6:37am
Barrie View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I have Woody and Gone to sea at my place and in Gone to seas boat.
I will have room for another 2 or 3 people to stay but no boat room so they will have to have their own boat
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote billpears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2006 at 7:59am
billpears View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

T-Shirts
Guys, i'm quite happy to pop down to Thames and pick up a bundle of T-Shirts (provided you have paid for them) and bring them back to AK cause i've got to go to Penn Marine at some stage and it will kill two birds with one stone, so to speak.Also saves everybody courier/post costs.
If you're keen let me know.
Cheers,
      Bill
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jacko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2006 at 10:10am
Jacko View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Can anybody tell me what time the tides are for this comp.

Cheers Jacko

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2006 at 10:26am
JK View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

jacko

HTs are 4.32pm 22/6, 5.31pm 23/6, 6.25pm 24/6 and must be around 7.20pm on the sunday.

These are auckland times tho so need slight adjustment for coro

LedgeNZ LBG
Page  <12345 6>