Buccaneer 635 Billfisher

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ishiisan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Buccaneer 635 Billfisher
    Posted: 28 Jul 2018 at 6:44pm
ishiisan View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I need advice for anchor winch that I want replace from capstan. I am looking for Profish 700ff model but anchor locker lid need to modification like fit plate that replaced with lid ether halfway to cover for access or full cover and fit access hatch in the bulk head. Does anyone here has any suggestion?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Gappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2018 at 10:25pm
Gappy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I have a Profish Freefall that i would sell if thats of interest has rope chain etc with it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ishiisan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2018 at 11:01pm
ishiisan View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi Gappy. Yes I am interesting to buy off from you but I need someone to get advice for how to fit winch on top of anchor locker. Do you know someone may do this job? Anyway how old your winch and how much you looking for it?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Gappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 2:30pm
Gappy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi there

I fit these as part of my job i have changed my boat to a drum though so hence why i am selling this.

Can you send me sone pictures of your boats bow locker etc and i can let you know how best to get it fitted i maybe able to do it for you if in Auckland.

Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ishiisan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 3:45pm
ishiisan View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

This is a photo of my locker.
Do you think drum winch is cheaper option?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Marknado4000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 10:36am
Marknado4000 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I have a Lone Star drum winch on the same boat. Works very well and fits nicely.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ishiisan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 10:58am
ishiisan View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi Marknado4000 . How to fitted winch? Is fitted to bulk head? I just worry that bulk head is strong enough or need reinforce it. Did you fitted yourself or someone you can tell me? Cheers.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Gappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 9:00pm
Gappy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi i do Viper winches if you email me tomorrow [email protected] i can give you a price fitted.

Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Marknado4000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 10:14am
Gold
Gold

Ah sorry guys, I meant to take pics for ishiisan but got sidetracked, I have a fair few photos of the nose of this thing luckily LOL Its mounted through the bulkhead with a stainless steel plate inside the cabin to spread the load and add strength. I dont anchor very often, but after having the drum winch I dont think I would want anything else.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ishiisan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 10:38am
ishiisan View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi Marknado4000. Can you upload photo of inside of bulkhead?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Marknado4000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 11:46am
Gold
Gold

I dont have any sorry but I will grab a couple.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Marknado4000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 9:56am
Gold
Gold

I bought the boat with it already done, but I wouldnt hesitate to do it myself. Masking tape the areas where youre going to cut, mark it and cut slowly with an angle grinder or dremel tool, then sand it to smooth it off.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Marknado4000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2018 at 2:54pm
Gold
Gold

Not sure if this helps, but I grabbed a photo when out on the billfisher this weekend, inside the hatch, its kind of hard to show anything more than this? and a pic of the bolting inside the cabin. The white circles are just velcro where I mount an alarm sensor.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Marknado4000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2018 at 3:19pm
Gold
Gold

Literially no idea sorry, I dont use it fishing so max ive had it out is about 10 meters LOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ishiisan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2018 at 6:11pm
ishiisan View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi Marknado4000. This photo are really help me for an idea that how to mount it. Thank you for your help.