And now they need to pay for it

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Tagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: And now they need to pay for it
    Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 5:11pm
Tagit View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/104744399/sealords-new-70m-trawler-arrives-in-nelson

I wonder how many quota increases and on what species will be now be issued by MPI so the owners can make a very nice return on this huge chunk of cash that they just added to our international debt?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 5:22pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

It will have the capacity to handle 20,000 tonnes of raw material annually including barracuda, squid and jack mackerel.

The Tokatu has a 2500 cubic metre fish room capacity and can process up to 150 tonnes daily.Angry

And the Iwi blessed it and its new name FFS! Shocked
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote fish-feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 5:45pm
fish-feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

And the "iwi" say they have the resources best interest in mind. Haha haha,yeah sure they do. Just like their king had the university's interest in mind,and they set an example with other business plans and grants and treaty pay outs. Do iwi have a word for "insider trading" or hypocrisy?
dont get my personality mixed up with my attitude,my personality is me,my attitude depends on you.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote v8-coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 1:32pm
v8-coupe View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Wonder if this boat also has huge mincers installed to dispose of their catch/processing wastage effectively and quickly.
Of course, an unforeseen advantage/benefit of this mincing capacity would be to dispose of juvenile, damaged, bycatch and extra quota without leaving any floating visible evidence for prying eyes to expose.
This would of course will be followed by a public campaign stating they have cleaned their act up and all the other "accidents" no longer happen. They are now fishing sustainably with limited wastage/mortality/bycatch.
Basically, out of sight, out of mind.
MPI and the public will now be totally reliant on the honesty of those filling in any electronic data.
Legasea Legend Member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 9:36am
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Boats like this all have such mincers,.....it goes to the fish meal plants on board.....no waste.
And the more baracoutta they take the better!!!!!
It is only my overwhelming natural humility that mars my perfection.

Captain Asparagus, Superhero, Adventurer.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote v8-coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 12:37pm
v8-coupe View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Capt Asparagus Capt Asparagus wrote:

Boats like this all have such mincers,.....it goes to the fish meal plants on board.....no waste.

And the more baracoutta they take the better!!!!!

TY.
Legasea Legend Member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Wanda_Ra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 5:27pm
Wanda_Ra View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Just think of all the money we will all save on not having to buy a fishing boat or rods n reel once all the fish gets scooped up,all by those pesky recreational fishoes obviously as it simply cannot be those sustainable resource minded comm fellas...

The fast oil runs out the better i personally think.   Will be electric or sailboats then...
If you think you are too small to make a difference,try sleeping with a mosquito in your tent.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 6:25pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Kayaks are already the dominant force out on the seas LOL