A lazy Sunday fishing the Bay in the 12ft tin

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote nzfishwhisperer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A lazy Sunday fishing the Bay in the 12ft tin
    Posted: 23 May 2018 at 7:09pm
nzfishwhisperer View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

It's not very often I go fishing on a Sunday but when we do it's norm just a lax day on the water with a mate.

Pea and I hatched a plan to fish the shallows along the Bay, set a burly in the shallows and cast to some mooching kelpies. Being more a laxed fish we didn't get onto the water till just after 8.00 - High was roughly half 11.00 so we headed down the Bays to fish the rest of the incoming at one of our spots.

It was a nice still morning and we set up 50mtrs from the rocks, we decided to leave the burley and just start with floating baits. Sometimes you can pick up some nice fish on those first few casts, sometimes dropping the burly in the shallows can also go against you bringing in hundreds of small fish. If the fish come on the bite we leave the burly until it starts dieing away or if not much is happening we then drop the burly to see if we can bring them in.

We had a couple of hours trying on the last of the tide but it was pretty quiet with just small fish about, we decided to up camp and move out to the 10mtr mark until the turn then head back up to Torbay for the outgoing. Just after 11.30 we made our way to one of our outgoing spots off Torbay and from there we didn't have to move again until home time just after 2.00. Our first baits hit the water with the burly and up they came, our laxed morning turned into a couple of hectic hours to finish the day off.

There was nothing big but all were 35-50cm fish, nice table fish for tea and a lot of fun of none stop fishing. We let go a lot of fish to keep around 10 nice ones for the bin - There seems to still be a lot of fish along the Bays and a few birds still working the line of the reserve, Carrots should start showing them selves soon and I'll be keeping an eye on the carrot patch.

Great day out with a mate and plenty of fish in the bin

Tight lines

REEL KIWI Fishing Fish Whisperer #lovemyfishing

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 8:20pm
Tagit View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

That's a nice result. 
I think we are properly in the transition from summer to winter fishing now. The fish that are still in close (and there are still a lot) are mostly smaller fish and yet a day out wide yesterday produced a heap on fish in the mostly 40cm and 50cm sizes. Weather is now turning cold so I guess the water temps will start to follow.