Outside Storage of Jet ski

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Southern Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Outside Storage of Jet ski
    Posted: 21 May 2018 at 4:17pm
Southern Man View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Looks like I'm going to have to store my ski outside in the weather (and near the sea). My ski is in great condition and I'm looking for any tips on keeping it that way (eg any recommendations on great covers, do I need to get a bigger cover made up?).
I'm also interested to hear any success stories on keeping the ski's battery fully charged using a solar trickle charger (I have used solar charger before on a car battery with poor results)
Mai Pen Rai
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote coxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 3:09pm
coxie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I'm not sure on the space you are working with etc but I would almost be inclined to build a simple structure to keep the weather out, all you really need is 4 posts, a corrugated plastic roof and tarpolin or similar stapled around it to form the sides... May not suit your situation but just a though
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 3:42pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Trade me has tilta doors for next to nothing
 that takes care of the sides.
 I have a huge one on the weather side of the double carport.. (rear is the 2x garage other side is trellis / wind break).
 Old tilta doors are good for allsorts things like that.

m8 has a shed off the side of his garage keeps ride ons and fork hoist etc in.. sides and roof are tilta doors.