Extreme boat 5m fisher.....

Topic Closed

Page  <1 2345>
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 9:38am
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by letsgetem letsgetem wrote:

Ive read a "review" of the Extreme 500. I can say, that it was the most pathetic rubbish I can recall reading. Totally marketing. That's another bone to pick - how so-called reviews are usually obviously biased in favour.

Totally agree and its partly why we are so manipulated into thinking we all need 30foot Pontoon boats to go fishing these days, that and marketing designed to frighten us :-).

Im actually  looking at other boats now anyway, but Im not sure if Id go the 500, I think Surtees, despite the smaller deadrise angle has a lot to offer.

You cant buy a boat of a review or even just looking at them anyway, without a sea test its all just about narrowing down what style of boat you like.

Of these, I think Surtees and Extreme are probably the top 2, if thats fair to say?
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 10:35am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

That's so true so often, if a manufacturer spends a lot of money advertising with a publication or the like they get glowing reviews in return, totally biased and miss leading

lot in that statement..
Have an acquaintance that writes reviews for car mags... they are very 'careful' not to say anything"negative" or "controversial".
 If they do the editor will not be invited to do another review.. and the income gets cut...
 Also on many reviews.. its note worthy that in many /most cases the boat is propped to the max, oftwen over for a unloaded boated.. which gives above normal economy/ performance numbers
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 12:00pm
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Steps Steps wrote:

they are very 'careful' not to say anything"negative" or "controversial".

A little bit outside of boating, but have a girl friend who works for a very big company I use to work at in Aus and she basically says the same thing in regard to dealing with other companies. Its almost like boat reviewers just cant say what they really think anymore. And I wonder if thats somewhat true with fishing tackle as well?
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 1:23pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Can you do us all a favour FizFisho, go and buy a boat this week. Weather it be a 12ft tinny or a 30ft center console. Just go buy a boat before you use up the world's internet supply.
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 1:49pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Its almost like boat reviewers just cant say what they really think anymore. And I wonder if thats somewhat true with fishing tackle as well?

Goes for everthing where the reveiwer gets paid for the srticual by the magazine/ web site.. and lets not forget those reviews made by the retail or whole sale outlet that sells the product...
 Who actually checks the credentuals of the publisher AND writer?

Further to Kitno's  comment...
 everything asked (all subjects) commented has been asked commented before, many times  fromj  navionics, boats , winches, beach permits, hulls , powering , off shore etc etc
 the search function / button above will give all the answers you require .. if not then ask/ comment.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 2:01pm
letsgetem View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

OK, I know I digressed, but now lets get back the original topic, again, please.

Extreme 500 or  Surtees what? This is fun.

Appears to me -
- Surtees is much cheaper than Extreme? Correct?
- The Surtees has an awful windscreen - looks like something that a caveman would have designed, with its huge frames (drastically reducing the view), and rather crude straight frames and panes. I don't know if I could put up with the embarrassment of owning that. Whereas extreme has a curved windscreen with minimal stuff interrupting the view.
Apart from those two differences, what else sets them apart?

Sorry gotta go, the missus wants me to get the washing in. 
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 9:26am
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by kitno kitno wrote:

Can you do us all a favour FizFisho, go and buy a boat this week. Weather it be a 12ft tinny or a 30ft center console. Just go buy a boat before you use up the world's internet supply.

Buddy this is a forum. I work in information management and as such the technical concept of a forum is to talk, a lot, to exchange ideas, to build a knowledge base.

Every member has the right to ideas, they are called opinions.

As a member you have a right not to read those opinions.

What neither of us has the right to is be disrespectful and rude .

A post like that is for one reason, its not designed to help, aid, rebutall, its posted because you have no value add and wish to troll/make somebody feel bad.

Thats not on, in here.

With Steps I can see passed how he writes and forgive him, with this post Im not going to sit back and cop it.

Ive posted 1 thread on which boat, 1 thread on this extreme 500 (which if wasnt full of posts like yours, was quite informative for me and others). I reply to people in these threads when I get the time. Im not spamming, trolling, or bullying.

In other words I can do as I please and if you dont like it, don't read it bud.

Steps, I always search first etc. Trust me I know what you are saying, doing this kind of work for companies with 80000 people it requires a level of patience and advice to them on searching etc prior. ie not my first Rodeo mate :-).

I simply posted a thread because the others on the 500 didnt have the info I required and often with "information management" its better to start again, ie a new thread.

If people didnt create threads we would have no forum.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 9:36am
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by letsgetem letsgetem wrote:

OK, I know I digressed, but now lets get back the original topic, again, please.

Extreme 500 or  Surtees what? This is fun.

Yes please.

From what Im seeing in and around the 500 both have fore and against. Ive had a lot of feedback out of the forum.

The suggestion I would make is the same ole as with every boat sea test, apparently the extremes can ride dramatically different between models 500 and up.

The Surtees seems from what ive been told pretty even all the way through, this MAY have something to do with a very "medium" degree of deadrise. Which at the same time is my only concern, tinnies with 15 degree deadrises and relatively dull entries tend to be quite a lot of bang bang. But I think both boats have reasonably sharp entries, which would make the 15 degrees slightly more stable at rest in theory.

The main problem vs glass boats is like newer pontoon boat hull designs, NZ being a small market, there arent a lot on offer for the used boat buyer. So Im just biding my time, but the 470/485 workman along with some glass boats of 15ft and RIBs are in my scope until we have more garaging.

Id be interested in more info on the 500 though as it does look the goods on paper, but as Im saving for an overnighting sports fisher style boat, I cant see me  taking one for a sea test.

But for others, heres a taste if it sounds like something you might want to try out.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 9:42am
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Everytime I log in it's looking like FizFisho.Net, not fishing.net.
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 10:39am
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Everytime I log in it's looking like FizFisho.Net, not fishing.net.

Fair enough, I am responding to a lot of other threads to. Due to my health I get a fair bit of time to chew the fat.

Ill try to slow down my responses. But basically I do them all at once and thats prob why it looks like my name is on the top 5 threads at one point in time etc. Smile
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 12:36pm
OuttaHere View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I'd say FizFisho is prolific but certainly not spammy; the posts have meaningful content and contribute to discussions that lead to some good information being shared, even if it's alongside the usual bit of internet poo-flinging.

EDIT: Devil's advocate here but if I had a dollar for every time Steps has provided a slightly different version of his "it doesn't matter what boat you buy, it has to be well powered, like a car driving up a hill, blah blah something something modern fibreglass boats weigh the same as modern alloy boats something something propellor slip percentage something something" LOLLOL

It's all good info but if you're a "regular" around here perhaps you've seen it a few times before. Steps maybe time you wrote a really nice version if it, got it stickied then linked to it :)
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 3:15pm
letsgetem View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Agree with you Rozboon. I don't think Fizfisho has been attacking at all. he obviously has a lot of interest and time to spend on Fishing.net; which is good, as there isn't as much activity as there used to be.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 3:25pm
700 LTR View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

My thoughts exactly........
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 3:43pm
700 LTR View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by FizFisho FizFisho wrote:

Steps you are going to far, I am not spamming, I am replying to threads. I do it daily, as do you. One could say the same of yourself.

As far as not on, there is no excuse for using sarcasm and saying things like, get a life. I havnt said this to you have I?

Manners go a long way on forums, with the experience you say you have, you should know this.

Can we please leave this off the threads, there are people actually looking for information out of them, not days of our lives drama.I responded to the person with my feelings and it should have been left there. I didnt need a second hammering from you.

The big difference between your daily replies and steps is that Steps replies are actually useful unlike yours.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 3:51pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

EDIT: Devil's advocate here but if I had a dollar for every time Steps has provided a slightly different version of his "it doesn't matter what boat you buy, it has to be well powered, 

yes Roz you have a piont.
 each of those are based on actual boats, marine design and engineering accepted formula and principles to ppl who fail to make use of the of the search button before posting.
 yes a stickey would be of use.. even then ppl still consistently dont read stickies.
 Bit of catch 22.
The issue is so many posts, from navionics on a tab to tapping a 'glass hull with a knuckle are simply incorrect advice that put those asking , in some cases up a creek without a paddle.
Advice based on experience and knowledge is good, advice based on "opinion"/ hearsay is dangerous... and it has to be noted some posts made have been so wrong.. certain brand of very reputable boat welds crk.. have been detailed...
 Sure I drop a clanger once in while ...get pointed out.. I have either got it wrong or misunderstood.
 Yep I get that, dont have an issue.
 But when a person is doing it so often and so frequent, then when called out gets upset offering no explanation other than indignant getting called out so often, digressing and ignoring the correction altogether...
 FF doesnt attack.. or rather very careful in wording.. thats not the issue .. the issue is good info not make something up for another post for sake of posting. 
 and good info beyond sale brochures type of thing

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 3:55pm
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Crikey - even the banner ads have decided that this thread is getting rather tedious and abandoned ship!
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 4:13pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

I've hidden a couple of posts that don't contribute to the thread. Yes Fiz is posting a lot of stuff, if you object to it just sit back and have a quiet giggle if you must but lets stick to the topic at hand. As Grunta says it is getting a bit tedious.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 4:51pm
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by 700 LTR 700 LTR wrote:

[QUOTE=FizFisho]
The big difference between your daily replies and steps is that Steps replies are actually useful unlike yours.

You dont like it, dont read it, simple rule for simple minds, just like reading your tedious fishing reports.

I have plenty of people on here who like what I have to say and if your not one of them, I dont give a ....
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 5:00pm
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

This is not a kindergarten chaps so how about acting like adults. FF - if a number of people are telling you the same thing then maybe it's worth thinking about.

Either back to the point of the thread or it will be locked.

That is all.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 5:01pm
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Just delete the thread grunta, I dont have time for haters and bullies and dont want to get sucked down to that level.

And likewise there are plenty of people telling them to keep their negativity to themselves.
 Post Reply Post Reply
Page  <1 2345>
Share Topic