Extreme boat 5m fisher.....

Topic Closed

Page  123 5>
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Extreme boat 5m fisher.....
    Posted: 07 May 2018 at 7:14pm
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The 500 fisher has caught my eye, its specs stack up

2.1m Beam
5mm and 4mm ally
20 degrees deadrise

Im wondering on gunnel height. Do they have thigh height gunnels and toe recess or is a side rail needed for using the gunnel for leaning into it?

Ive heard good things about their welding, can anyone add to that or am I listening to rubbish?

Any idea on cost? About $30k new as package?

We cant get a bigger boat due to garaging. Id ideally wait for a used model to pop up on trademe.

More just a casual interest than genuinely going to buy one, but they do seem the ideal Gulf boat.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2018 at 8:03pm
junior fisho View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Theres a new hull/ trailer on trade me for 31k.
If its any thing like the larger s/h boats, the owners want new price for a used boatOuch
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2018 at 8:12pm
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yeah FC boats are like that, Stabicraft most certainly, only one that seems to cone down to fair prices if Surtees, perhaps because they have been around a fair while.

i know boat finance is a bad idea, but i have $10k locked up that id need to buy it. AA are offering 9.9% and 3 months no repayments. my investment unlocks in about 6 months.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2018 at 8:19pm
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hmm that 795 Game King might be our ideal long term boat. I like how they use fake teak boarding on it, very nice finish everywhere, the welds look polished.

As for the 500, if I bought one I might keep it for a few years instead of buying a big boat end of year. I like how Matt Watson setup his stabi small boat. I like the cork flooring he put in which is soft, grippy and you can walk around bare foot all day.

Ive heard extreme are very flexible to work with to get the boat how you want it.

I like how matt has his rod holder setting angles and outrigger poles. Id copy that. In fact id pretty much go through his video and pick the pieces I like and get Extreme to add them if they can.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2018 at 8:25pm
Silver
Silver

Sounds like you know what you want. Its very easy to over capitalise on a new build
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2018 at 8:42pm
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yes dont I know, Ive rebuilt some larger boats in Aus, a Bertram 28 and a 50ft launch. Oh well it was an experience and life is about buying experiences hehe.

There are a lot of nice boats around the $20k mark as well.

But this 500 has a flooding keel like the Surtees. But 5mm hull and transom and 4mm sides is VERY impressive. with 20 degree deadrise it should have that glass type feel and with the 2.1m beam and downturn edges it should sit nicely at rest.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2018 at 8:54pm
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I have to admit I like the stabicraft frontier that matt watson built his new small rig on. A bit price though. This extreme is $31k, the smaller Stabi is in the $40s
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2018 at 9:50pm
Don18025 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hi Fiz
That Extreme 500 is a nice boat but at $31k it does not include an outboard.

I fished the Taranaki One Base in March on a Stabicraft 1850 with a 115 4S and it was excellent boat, handled seas very well, we were off the coast by 25 miles. Almost the same as this one - https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/boats-marine/motorboats/auction-1622942334.htm?rsqid=ff06bd7e7818424c9af2b8d1d432ce5a
I think Stabi have fixed all their problems with their earlier hulls but they do charge a lot more..

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2018 at 11:31pm
out2sea View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Most 5m Boat, motor, trailer packages seem to be around the $40k mark new. But if you want a reasonably well specked boat be prepared to add up to $20k on the base package. I see a lot of people complain about a second hand boat that is the same price a the base package and a couple of years old. They probably haven't been in to a dealer to find out what all the extras are worth on top.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 10:52am
Silver
Silver

Extremes are set to increase in price by 7% in the near future so Im told

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 11:27am
700 LTR View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Out of all the boats you inquire about weekly do you actually think you'll end up buying one?.... 
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 11:49am
pompey View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by 700 LTR 700 LTR wrote:

Out of all the boats you inquire about weekly do you actually think you'll end up buying one?.... 

Seeing is believing.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 12:13pm
Sufishent View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by pompey pompey wrote:

Seeing is believing.

Can you imagine if he goes to the boat show - the questions will be endless LOL 

You can never have enough fishing tackle
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 1:06pm
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Forums are about discussing things. Whats your problem?

I simply want to know more about the boat and its manufacturing as Im not familiar with them.

You cant add value so just skip the thread, its the simple. Thats how forums work.

I never ask about something I know about........

Shocked
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 1:12pm
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Don18025 Don18025 wrote:

Hi Fiz
That Extreme 500 is a nice boat but at $31k it does not include an outboard.

Thanks Don mate, always appreciate your knowledge. I think you and I have talked about Osprey before and Im certainly a fan, especially after seeing the Otago Unis Marine Science boat up close, so professional in the finishing, but thats what I read about Extreme too, the welds are finished and everything is top spec.

That 450 seems good value with a 4 stroke 60 donk on it....

I need to measure the garaging before I can figure out what we can actually fit, we hopefully will be buying in a year, so Id imagine we will go the bigger glass boat in 2 years. But from eye sight the current second spot for us looks about a 5m boat on trailer.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 1:20pm
Don18025 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Fiz, I know you will thoroughly research you purchase.
And I wish you every success in getting a new boat for next summer.

One measurement regularly left of sales brochures is the overall length of a boat on its trailer including the engine and the the total width. Measurement should be done with motor up and down.
And it is one of the most important.... will it fit in my garage?
I would be reluctant to leave a new boat outside in some urban areas today, especially up here in Big Auck....

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 1:40pm
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yeah thats my concern hence why Im looking at it now well ahead of buying.

Im about 6ft3 and I think that makes my gate about 1m rougly, i had about 5.5 strides which means Im left with about 4.5m boat or i pinch a metre on my second park to get to 5m. Its all secure gating.

So the 4.5m Osprey could be worth looking at given the suggested price of the Extreme. I also have thought about a Jetski, which are also a lot of fun in summer. Ive got quality spearing gear so I should stay warm even in winter, although id prefer not to where the top half and where conventional layered clothing. There doesnt seem to be much they cant do and are easy on towing. But you lose the luxury of standing. Much to discuss with the Mrs as to what her preference would be. $15k gets you quite a bit of used Jetski. It doesnt get you much of a boat (comparatively).
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 4:08pm
700 LTR View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

No problems here merely an observation.....
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 7:15pm
Bounty Hunter View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

cant say i like the look of the newer Extreme boat hull shapes - too much beam and far too flat in the forward sections

was out recently on a 745gk - with the owner raving about how well it was travelling. i didnt say nothing - but almost fell overboard when he said he'd dropped almost $200k on it... 

Extreme should have kept Scott Robson on the payroll rather than have the owner self teach himself on MAXsurf software
No disintegrations!
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 7:18pm
Bounty Hunter View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Bounty Hunter Bounty Hunter wrote:

cant say i like the look of the newer Extreme boat hull shapes - too much beam and far too flat in the forward sections

was out recently on a 745gk - with the owner raving about how well it was travelling. i didnt say nothing - but almost fell overboard when he said he'd dropped almost $200k on it... 

Extreme should have kept Scott Robson on the payroll rather than have the owner self teach himself on MAXsurf software

the 500 however probably isnt too bad - as long as you understand that the shape prioritises stability and cockpit area over ultimate rough water capability. ie - its intended as an inshore boat that wont be asked to do long runs home into big seas... 
No disintegrations!
Page  123 5>