Bit of a long shot

Page  <12
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piscisfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 1:24pm
piscisfly View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Snuffit, I've got one of the old SA Big Water Taper lines in 100lb (I think it is called Wavelength and no longer available). It doesn't have welded loops and I think the reason for that is because it is unreasonable to expect them to last with an 80-100lb straight-through leader and a 100lb core! I will be using 130lb braided dacron loops on both ends.

I haven't had a chance to use it but hope to when in Aitutaki in October this year. I also have the RIO Leviathans for my 12wgt and they don't have factory loops either. They have had some use but only on juvenile Black Marlin.

Not sure if I can justify the cost of the Amplitude version of the BWT though. Especially if it is going to be destroyed by coral!

Sorry, not much help other than that!
Page  <12