Marlin On A Kontiki

Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Marlin On A Kontiki
    Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 12:39am
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MacSkipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 2:33am
MacSkipper View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Wow that's epic!
Good fishing trip nothing breaks, great trip catch fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 6:18am
feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Bugger me, and to think of all the gas and time in trying to catch one of these LOL

Cheers
The only bar to frequent is the Kawhia Bar
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 8:04pm
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Stole my thunder I had a cunning plan. Wink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote salty69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 8:11pm
salty69 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Wicked effort.
Was wondering whether it was actually hooked somehow, or got itself tangled up in the mainline.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 10:22am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thats cool
 No sea horse in the trophy pics thu
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish-feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 4:54pm
fish-feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I'd say the small trailer sorta gives the impression no boat was involved steps.
dont get my personality mixed up with my attitude,my personality is me,my attitude depends on you.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish-feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 4:56pm
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by salty69 salty69 wrote:

Wicked effort.
Was wondering whether it was actually hooked somehow, or got itself tangled up in the mainline.

I'd say it got tangled,no way a 20r lingline hook is gonna snare a marlin.
dont get my personality mixed up with my attitude,my personality is me,my attitude depends on you.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 5:31pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

No sea horse in the trophy pics thu

I'd say the small trailer sorta gives the impression no boat was involved steps.

???  trophy photo has no trailer.
 and the sea horse is a kon tiki
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish-feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 5:47pm
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Steps Steps wrote:

<span style="line-height: 17.1429px; : rgb251, 251, 253;"> No sea horse in the trophy pics thu</span>
<span style="line-height: 17.1429px; : rgb251, 251, 253;">
</span>
<span style="line-height: 17.1429px; : rgb251, 251, 253;">I'd say the small trailer sorta gives the impression no boat was involved steps.</span>
<span style="line-height: 17.1429px; : rgb251, 251, 253;">
</span>
<span style="line-height: 17.1429px; : rgb251, 251, 253;"> ???  trophy photo has no trailer.</span>
<span style="line-height: 17.1429px; : rgb251, 251, 253;"> and the sea horse is a kon tiki</span>

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12016619

Try search steps.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish-feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 5:51pm
Titanium
Titanium

Always pays to not be so contrary. Hope that's good enough for you
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 6:18am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Always pays to not be so contrary. Hope that's good enough for you

Sry..  I was just suggesting that its a pity that the kon tiki was notin they trophy pic.. the weigh in, say laying under the fish.
 I have no idea where the "trailer " thing comes in other than the back edge of it, and fail to understand what how that may represent a sea horse?

What is contrary about such a observation?
 Or querying something that I may have missed? and still dont see?

I still think it would have been re cool to have the kon tiki laying under the fish in the weigh in pic.
 Or how someone would have a problem with that thought??