The more things change the more they stay the same

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The more things change the more they stay the same
    Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 2:38pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

When you cry, feel pain or sadness, no one notices your sorrow .... BUT
fart just ONE time !!!!!!!!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 4:08pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Whose in bed with the comms now??
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 6:31pm
Tagit View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Maybe that could explain a bunch of Labours electoral campaign funding??
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 6:32pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

*Sigh*

The cameras must be worthwhile if the comms hate them so much.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote brmbrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 6:48pm
brmbrm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Smells fishy to me.  Unfortunately not in a fishy way
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 6:49pm
Tagit View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

That's my thoughts also MB. If they are prepared to make so much effort to avoid them, set up their own monitoring company to win the monitoring contract, and try so hard to make sure that the footage can never be open to the public it isn't because they have nothing to hide is it!! I wonder how much more of Labour's election 'position' on our fish stocks will be 'amended' now the votes have been counted?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 11:55pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

So Mr Nash says many in  industry are unhappy about cameras and one option is to dump them entirely .Cant have unhappy people in the work place.How kind of Mr Nash.
Strange but when we go out ,say to the mall ,into a shop,walk down the main street ,drive a car we are often on camera,and probably more than you realise. Dont hear any complaints from Mr Nash on that.
So two laws on cameras,one for the fishermen and one for everyone else. 
And now that we have a ministry of fisheries coming up ,and distinct from mpi,or so we are told ,time for a new catch phrase. How about "Lets dump this" Open to interpretation of course.
It would be good to see the new minister deal with some of the grass root issues of fishery management that have been shelved for years.
One example is waste.Deal with it and both recreational and commercial will benefit.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kiwifred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 3:18pm
kiwifred View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

we have cameras all through our work and outside. we are in a cull de sac and next to a liquor store. i cant count how many times the police have called us or visited to take a look at footage after an incident either in the street or adjacent streets and businesses nearby. we have had footage taken that have solved a few crimes in the area including an attempted violent robbery/blackmail attempt which involved many hours of the guy getting beaten in his premises. the cameras we have can zoom in to incredible detailover a large distance. 
most councils now have extensive camera networks to monitor the central city areas for crime and disorderly conduct. 
there are software programs that can identify faces/ number plates etc. including at high speed (think Toll roads) i have seen camera systems that can zoom in and read the paper that you have in your hand from over 50m away
I would suggest that the system that they have put in place on the boats is a deliberate  down grade of the equipment to do exactly what they are saying (lack of accurate footage to enable prosecution). 
yes the high level systems cost. but i would also suggest the cost is pitiful compared to the industry value

back to the workers being unhappy about being monitored... we all are every day pretty much 24/7. i doubt i can get 100m from my house without being on a camera somewhere and i would suggest that 90% of NZers are in the same boat (pun intended)
if you arent doing anything wrong then it shouldnt bother you. 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 7:04pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

We are the same Kiwifred,cameras 24/7 but we still have theft and still the cameras fail to pick it up. Maybe if we paid someone to monitor them 24/7 then we might pick up on it,cameras are only a deterrent.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kiwifred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 9:53pm
kiwifred View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

its a sad description of our society when the camera systems in schools are a deterant for theft in schools. we installed a camera system in a school a while ago and got a call from them after about a month to say thank you and that it had paid for itself in solved thefts in that month period. dare i say it that this is a reflection of society in general. unfortunately for us the police are under funded to make use of the ample camera resource out there. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wanda_Ra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 4:29pm
Wanda_Ra View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by pjc pjc wrote:

Whose in bed with the comms now??

WINSTON PETERS, always was and always will be. common knowledge, and hes got huge number of things already ticked off by Labour.  

Got the marine reserve squelched rightaway, now no cameras ( due to lack of consultation with the fishing industry, Screams of Fletchers promising to self police their products here, think leaky homes issues.)

whats next.. i dread to think.
If you think you are too small to make a difference,try sleeping with a mosquito in your tent.