Dumped marlin

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phantom Menace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dumped marlin
    Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 3:51pm
Phantom Menace View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Someone dumped 4 marlin!

Cut the beaks off.  The guy that found them is a former NZ spearfishing champ.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 4:37pm
Tagit View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Who in their right mind would even transport those fish that far from the sea just to dump them? I would assume that they started processing them and found that they had gone off but 4 fish????? 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lowbox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 4:45pm
Lowbox View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

FFS. No respect for the resource. Even if you run with the "they started processing them but they'd gone off" angle then its piss poor planning - if you're going to take one marlin - let along four -  you should have the refrigeration and processing sorted. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 5:35pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Found out the cost for processing??
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 5:51pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Tagit Tagit wrote:

Who in their right mind would even transport those fish that far from the sea just to dump them? I would assume that they started processing them and found that they had gone off but 4 fish????? 

Or seem the bills were removed were they just trophy hunters, either way it is a sickening waste and makes us rec fishos look very badAngryOuch
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sambosi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 6:09pm
Sambosi View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Just wrong.  They don't deserve the privelege of going game fishing treating them like that.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 6:30pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Seen it on FB already.

What a bunch of morons. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote full sacks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 7:01pm
full sacks View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

And I thought everyone knew to smoke the bodies not the bills....will definitely be mmp supporters funny lot they are...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote the demon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 7:34pm
the demon View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

mmmm ,4 fish , sure they have been weighed  somewhere recently or comms .Pritty sure the people that live in that area have a good idea !!!!Wink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Don18025 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 9:21am
Don18025 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Ban Big Gamefishing!

I can hear the shouting match starting now, on one side those fisherman who hate fish dumping by trawlers, they will say ban gamefishing.
And on the other side the 'responsible game fisherman'.

Did some one mention what about the Greenies? Oh I forgot about them.

I just hate fish dumpers....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 11:57am
Nomis View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Pretty **** photo, cant even tell if its actually a whole unprocessed fish or not. Surely if it was a whole fish thy would have gotten better pics.. not to quote donald trump.. but: "fake news" ?? 
I'll act my age when im 69
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 12:03pm
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Nomis Nomis wrote:

Pretty **** photo, cant even tell if its actually a whole unprocessed fish or not. Surely if it was a whole fish thy would have gotten better pics.. not to quote donald trump.. but: "fake news" ?? 

He had to climb into the water to remove one from the floodgate he was trying to open as it was blocking it, so he should have a pretty good idea what it was.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phantom Menace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 2:36pm
Phantom Menace View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Kevin.S Kevin.S wrote:

Originally posted by Nomis Nomis wrote:

He had to climb into the water to remove one from the floodgate he was trying to open as it was blocking it, so he should have a pretty good idea what it was.

He's also well known in the spearfishing community (former NZ champ and represented NZ spearfishing at pan Pacs etc.).  He's seen a few big fish in his time.

He doesn't strike me as one to exaggerate things for his own promotion etc.   
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 8:44pm
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I heard a rummer they may have been washed out from the nearby Taxidermist. Makes more scene than anything else. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fishyrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 11:15pm
fishyrich View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hi everyone, this whole marlin dumping fiasco up in Northland has been grinding away at me, I was confident from the get go that they were not whole marlin but heads,frames and guts! Dont get me wrong im still sad that someone dumped heads and frames but its a friggen big difference between that and whole marlin!!! The photos clearly didnt show whole marlin but in the meantime us sportfishers have had these pictures shared/circulated so many times on the internet that its almost to late to fix the negativity created against fellow like minded fishers.
Well that was until tonight at 10.22pm when I have gained an admission from the land owner himself that is viewable on his facebook page. Read below

Yes your right Richard when I first kicked the marlin out of my culvert and it drifted down the river all I could see was the head and wings as the water was so dirty. Now the water dropped a little and it’s not so dirty you can see from the last photo that those two have had some fillets cut off. The point is who put them there.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fishyrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 11:15pm
fishyrich View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Delete this thread please. Fake news!!!!!!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote full sacks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 4:56am
full sacks View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I can’t work out how they made it so far up stream with no bill or fillets, they must have been feeding on whitebait and got trapped.... I wonder if the farmer was using light gauged floodgates to catch them,can’t believe he killed all four could of tagged at least one???