Johnson ob manual

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote adgerowley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Johnson ob manual
    Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 6:02pm
adgerowley View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi all! Very new to the “forum” and to this site, so I apologise in advance if this is not where it should be!

I just got given a Parker craft 12.5ft, and have bought a 15hp Johnson 1988 A J15baccs an in desperate need of a workshop manual, I don’t have a lot of money , 5 kids and on an adult apprenticeship , and just happy with what I have at the moment,(boat wise) 😜 i am happy to pay a little for a manual but would rather, if I could put the money into getting her fixed up and water ready. So my question is does anybody know where to get/ download / cheap repair/ workshop manual for a Johnson,??
All answers considered,thanks for your time , happy days !!
Adrian
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MacSkipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 6:21pm
MacSkipper View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I had a Johnson 25 1975 model - don't recall where I got manual from but purchased online easy at time - may be getting harder for older motors now though....should be some info on US boating websites?
Good fishing trip nothing breaks, great trip catch fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote mikeltj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 5:07pm
mikeltj View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Re 9.9-15 Johnson-Evinrude moters .All is reveled in website for repairs here.www.leeroysramblings.com   I have used it many times having same moter and boat . Leeroy is in America and has done a great service to 9.9-15 owners.Best of luck and tight lines.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote adgerowley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 6:00pm
adgerowley View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I have just been reading on this exact site, it’s bloody brilliant !!!! Highly recommend it also!
I really just like having it all infront of me and studying it!! Only thing I would like to know is if there is an exact height for the shift rod from lower end to bolt hole? I haven’t changed the height on mine ( I think) and have not yet put it back on as it’s getting re-sealed atm, but just interested to know the factory start point, kinda like the 1 1/4 turn out of main idle screw on most carburetors.although not important right now, just interested for future builds, or if I actually have managed to thread/ dethread mine.

Cheers mikeltj,
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mikeltj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 8:06pm
mikeltj View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

+
adgerowley  my motor is a diferent year model but the measurement from top edge of conector toflat surface of gearcase when in nuetral position is 5-16thmin to11-32max.  shift rod conecter faces forward flat surface of conecter faces driveshaft.I think all the bottom ends are the same on all older models.Check Leeroy.