New Videos - Sea Ya Jetski Fishing

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote SeaYa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Videos - Sea Ya Jetski Fishing
    Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 6:55pm
SeaYa View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

https://youtu.be/zvYX3S3wmI0

Decided to have a crack at creating a fishing video.  Hopefully the first of many, but we will sea.

I have realised how much work goes into this, so I take my hat off to the likes of Andrew and Coxie, thanks for the inspiration guys.

SeaYa (Mark)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Foxtrot Oscar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 11:10pm
Foxtrot Oscar View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Good work (on vid and fish). I liked the way the rod bent and you going around in circles. I have one of those Okuma Avenger/Revenger combo's as back-up to my Softbaiting set-up. I've only caught a snapper on it but pleased to see it handle the Kingy.
It'll be relegated to third-in-line when I get my jigging set activated but it's a solid set-up.

What bait/rig did you use?
      ><(((*>    J
><(((*>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SeaYa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 11:19pm
SeaYa View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

It was on a half pilly, traditionally I use a running rig on the Kaipara, generally 1/2 ounce sinker and I was using about a metre and half traceas it is an easier length to handle on the ski.  
I don't like using a lot of weight, but with the tide running as it does,  there isn't a lot of choice.  
As for the rig, I reckon it will handle a kingie well, likes to load up so able to keep good pressure on the fish.

Thanks for the comment, the vid was a fun exercise (in frustration) Wink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Foxtrot Oscar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 5:15am
Gold
Gold

Beer
      ><(((*>    J
><(((*>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote coxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 12:22pm
coxie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice one, good to see another jetski fisho making videos! Will keep an eye out for more
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote SeaYa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 8:16pm
SeaYa View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

https://youtu.be/fy64b9wmjKY

Here is one from Sunday's trip out from Raglan, rat kings and big kahawai were order of the day

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Foxtrot Oscar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 10:32pm
Gold
Gold

Good work on the captions and music. (You have to listen really hard for the swearing). And... after all that, it was 'undersized' - Damn!
Beer
      ><(((*>    J
><(((*>