Thoughts on Okuma Metaloid stickbait rod

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jtm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thoughts on Okuma Metaloid stickbait rod
    Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 9:07am
jtm View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Just wanting to know if anyone has had experience with the Okuma metaloid 8'3 stickbait rod, PE4-8. This is to pair up with a gosa 10k. I'm wanting to give landbased stickbaiting a go and wonder if this is a good entry level rod.

Thanks in advance.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote OuttaHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 9:18am
OuttaHere View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hard to beat for the $$ IMO. Fuji seat, Alps guides, nice blank. I have one of the jig rods and for the $ I can't fault it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jtm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 2:25pm
jtm View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Thanks Rozboon for your feedback. It does feel kind of nice. I think I will go with it.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 3:16pm
The Tamure Kid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Until I went off on a different tangent and bought a longer, lighter rod for harbour edge top water, I was looking for that exact thing.

I also had the Penn Assassin high on my list - has Fuji K guides, and looks nicely put together; and the heavier of the Shimano Energy Concept rods (ditto re K guides). That has got some good user feedback on this site, and in mags. I've not seen any user feedback on the Penn. Both are in the <$300 bracket.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote huntfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 3:43pm
huntfish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

The Catch TW rods look very well priced and seem to have the goods, have you seen them or heard much about them?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DenimViper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 6:01pm
DenimViper View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

if you planning to fish off the bricks often I would invest into buying 9 - 10 ft rod. 8 ft 3 can still get you results but in some situations you will want longer rod.If fishing off a ledge but it is too dangerous getting close to the water to sweep the rod for example or playing a fish if swell rolls in you want that distance in the rod. Also greater casting distance.