interesting day

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: interesting day
    Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 8:17pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

New migrant to NZ and he has brought and older Ali 10ft Dinghy,presume pakercraft as it is riveted. Spent alot of time finding leaks and repairing for him. New ali plenty sikaflex for marine use and alloy rivots.  So fixed leaks.  Next project was get his little 4hp evinrude pre 85 going. Spark but no ignition. Undo carb and fuel came out right fuel problem must be in settings/needles.  Old owner must of just turned off and left as needle very sticky,oil?? left soaking in some acetone for a couple of hours cleaned replaced and motor coughed so on right track,played around with mixture/idle and yep it idles,but advised to take in make sure its good to go. Set him up with some old but usable lifejackets and gave him a couple old rods/reels and some gear. he now seems happy and if wind right will row out Sunday to moored boats at kawakawa bay. Well at least I get to going fishing these holidays.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 8:51pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Well done and good on ya mate - PJC, nice workClap
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MacSkipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 6:33am
MacSkipper View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I had a 14ft 1975 parkercraft riveted as well - was ok had some foam under seats so was meant to float if swamped - never put that theory to the test!
They are ok but fine weather boats inshore use only!  I heard main problem is bods pound them and loosen rivets and get leaks - never had that happen personally.
Only problem I had was getting home when conditions blew up a bit - would pound terribly in a chop.  And used for scalloping - would pull line in reverse over bow so if dredge stuck would pull bow down - only problem was reverse gear blew packing around bung area and started getting good leaks.  Fun first boat and cheap but soon moved onto something more seaworthy.
Good fishing trip nothing breaks, great trip catch fish.