Spiny dogfish - gone by lunchtime.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote waynorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spiny dogfish - gone by lunchtime.
    Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 8:58pm
waynorth View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I have a small but growing list of things that will be banned on day 1 when I become Prime Minister. It includes junket, & tomato sauce on eggs, but the previous #1 - brussels sprouts - has been toppled by spiny dogs.

Warning - contains graphic images etc. Parental guidance recommended, even though it won't make any difference.

I must say though, that trick they do where they whip their tail around to stab whatever has hold of their head with their tail spike is pretty clever. And effective. 

And no, I'm not just venting. I totally forgive the gemfish that bit me on the finger 5 minutes earlier. And the braid cut from this morning was entirely my own fault.

And no, we didn't see a single marlin. All day. Thanks for asking.
treat fish like fish
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MacSkipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 8:48am
MacSkipper View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Those spiny dogs Angry - keep an eye on wound can become infected lots of nasty bacteria...
Good fishing trip nothing breaks, great trip catch fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote White snake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 10:41am
White snake View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I've had one of those bury it's spine into my forearm.new rule on boat none come aboard alive for hook removal
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 11:22am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

I hold their tail with my foot, grab them by the nose and take the hook out with other hand. Once the hook is out I grab the tail and keep the fish stretched as I throw it over the side.
Not been stung after catching just over a billion of them. I now a lot of people get stung and it can get pretty nasty so keep an eye on that wound.

I like brussel sprouts but tomato sauce on eggs.. ugh
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote veitnamcam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 3:26pm
veitnamcam View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

I hold their tail with my foot, grab them by the nose and take the hook out with other hand. Once the hook is out I grab the tail and keep the fish stretched as I throw it over the side.
Not been stung after catching just over a billion of them. I now a lot of people get stung and it can get pretty nasty so keep an eye on that wound.

I like brussel sprouts but tomato sauce on eggs.. ugh

Yep I do the same or wrap little ones in a towel, get pretty good at it when you have 25 of the buggers on a longline Censored

Also have a mate that wont touch sharks of anykind...dunno what he does when I am not around I guess he cuts of a lot of gear.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 5:03pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Back to the important stuffWink
 junket yep..
 Tomato sauce on eggs yep.. well tomato sauce period.
 Brussels sprouts...
Reconsider, if not cooked right...
Get a new cook Cool