Boat show deals

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hagrid7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boat show deals
    Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 8:49pm
Hagrid7 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi,

Just after some advice from the more knowing :)
Do the boat company's have good deals on the boats at these boat shows? Ie did any go to 2017 boat show and notice great deals? Are are the deals just as good as you could negotiate with the sales company's?

Just wanting to know If I should buy a new boat now or wait a while. Only after a small 5m ish boat

Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 7:06am
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

The boat companies do sometimes have specials at the show and the good thing about the show is you can see most boats at one place so easy to compare boats and no travelling around.
If you know exactly what boat you want, then approach them now and ask for boat show deal so you get it earlier
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 9:05am
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The best deals are a few months after the boat show, for whatever dealers happen to have stood in their yard and want to shift.  From a certain manufacturer I was offered a "boat show deal" on a new boat, and the salesman said that if I didn't get an order in then that I wouldn't get a boat for Christmas as they were so popular.  Two or three months later I got an email with deals for the same boat, considerably cheaper than the boat show deal and available there and then as they had some in stock.  I'd have been a bit pi$$ed off if I had bought at the boat show.

But it is an excellent opportunity to see most of the boats available in NZ in one place, so I'd say if you are not sure what you want definitely go and take a good look around.If you already know exactly what you want, just go see them and hammer out a deal.

And don't buy anything without a sea trial.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hagrid7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 10:28am
Hagrid7 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Originally posted by Kevin.S Kevin.S wrote:

The best deals are a few months after the boat show, for whatever dealers happen to have stood in their yard and want to shift.  From a certain manufacturer I was offered a "boat show deal" on a new boat, and the salesman said that if I didn't get an order in then that I wouldn't get a boat for Christmas as they were so popular.  Two or three months later I got an email with deals for the same boat, considerably cheaper than the boat show deal and available there and then as they had some in stock.  I'd have been a bit pi$$ed off if I had bought at the boat show.

But it is an excellent opportunity to see most of the boats available in NZ in one place, so I'd say if you are not sure what you want definitely go and take a good look around.If you already know exactly what you want, just go see them and hammer out a deal.

And don't buy anything without a sea trial.

Thanks for the reply.

The package deal I'm looking at at present is around 44k including a discount of around 3.5k.   I'm wonder if the boat show would me about the same discount.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Foxtrot Oscar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 11:31am
Foxtrot Oscar View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hi Hagrid7. I went to the Boat Show last year for my first time ever. See my thread reporting on what I saw. Some good input from others as well.

I would say, if you are on a research/negotiation mission then allow at least two days. Get an overview on Day 1 and go home/motel and sleep on all the brochures and info then go back next day and commence haggling. All the boats on display are pimped to the n-th degree so be aware of that. 
Sea Trial would be a must, especially for a 5m.
      ><(((*>    J
><(((*>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 3:12pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

I'm looking forward to seeing the decision you make.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hagrid7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 8:08pm
Hagrid7 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi everyone.

Just an update if you are interested.

I bought today a surtees 495 :)

Super stoked

thanks for all your input.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CanadianJohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 9:49pm
CanadianJohn View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

awesome, enjoy it!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Foxtrot Oscar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 10:36pm
Foxtrot Oscar View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by Hagrid7 Hagrid7 wrote:

Hi everyone.

Just an update if you are interested.

I bought today a surtees 495 :)

Super stoked

thanks for all your input.
Of course we're interested! Where's a pic?
Tight Lines!!
Smile
      ><(((*>    J
><(((*>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 11:51pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Whatever boat you buy, you will  get used to and you will enjoy it. I know a guy who used a similar model for gamefishing off the west coast. well done
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hagrid7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 7:32am
Hagrid7 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

it wont be ready for a week or two :(

haha but gives me time to organise tow bar, and to do some boat education.  Day skipper etc.