Anyone heading out in the morning Akl?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kiwihodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone heading out in the morning Akl?
    Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 5:58pm
kiwihodge View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi all looking at launching from westhaven in the morning Wednesday 10th.
hopefully on the water around 0600hrs and heading to either Rangi or Motuihe channels. whilst keeping an eye out for workups.
cheers Aaron
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kiwihodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 3:14pm
kiwihodge View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

well It ended up being a solo mission. I headed to "A" buoy on the Rangi side of the channel.
And was alone from 6.30 until around 9am and then everyone seemed to arrive 6-8 boats in the same vicinity.  The fishing was hard with only the occasional take on the micro jig and softy. However managed two Pannies for the table tonight and it was a pleasant morning on the water. 
when the tide changed it chopped up a bit so headed in. got absolutely soaked on the trip back
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DickieBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 8:38am
DickieBird View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Coming up to AKL & Whangarei over Waitangi weekend if anyone keen on a mission??
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kiwihodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 7:16am
kiwihodge View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Might head out this afternoon. might be a little wet but no wind:)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kiwihodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 8:58pm
kiwihodge View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Headed out late morning toward Crusoe when i hit something below the water in Motuihe channel.  I heard a loud thump and then a continual knocking sound WTF? couldn't figure it out so beached on Browns Island to assess and found my transducer trailing the ski like a popper not the best lure so Macgyver'd it up and fished blind for a few hours with no luck. i noticed the birds working middle ground so scooted over to give it a shot managed three Kahawhai for my efforts "sashimi' for the table tonight. now to asked uncle google to help with replacement transducerCry
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 9:43pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Sorry to hear that Kiwihodge. Lots of crap in the water to dodge around in Whangarei Harbour today. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kiwihodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 9:53pm
kiwihodge View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

yep total bummer alright. now having trouble locating older Totalscan transducer flush mountable? the newer versions are all plastic transom mountedAngry
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 10:00pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Looks like it's mounted on the ride plate at the base of the ski. Is that correct? Looks like a fairly precarious position, but you don't need me to tell you that Smile

You have my sympathy. My own fish finder mount is somewhat customised. Not sure what I'll do when it comes to replacing it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kiwihodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 10:17pm
kiwihodge View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Yeah I know I know but worked a dream until this. marking structure and fish at 28mph.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 10:35pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

fair enough mate. good luck with sourcing a replacement.