Suzuki DT115 warning beep issues

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jase83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Suzuki DT115 warning beep issues
    Posted: 29 Dec 2017 at 8:28pm
Jase83 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hey I have a Suzuki DT115 that has started sounding a warning beep and then it cuts the revs back. If I pull the throttle back and idle for a few seconds it resets and runs fine for a bit and then the process repeats..
Some times it happens quickly after each time and other times it might run sweet for 30mins before the warning beep goes off again.
Any ideas on what it could be?? Engine doesn’t appear to be over heating. Oil levels etc are good.. thanks in advance
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rockstar from Mars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2017 at 9:24pm
Rockstar from Mars View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Had a similar problem with a DF225 was a sensor the dealer new exactly what it was when I spoke to him and was fixed under warranty
Winning.....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 8:45am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

From how it is going off and on, and that assume the tell tail is working, then suspect 1st thermostat.
 Corroded or more likely jambed up with crap.
 Remove, clean, test opening closing temps in a electric jug and thermometer... Simple process.
Less likely, corroded or bad connection to the heat sensor, or heat sensor has crap build up, needs removing , cleaning up.
Even  further down the list, sensor stuffed.

If crap build up , then would be seriously looking that there are other areas in the engine that have serious salt/ crap build up, and how the engine is getting flushed.

Not sure about suzis thermostats.. in most things tend to be similar to Johnson/ evinrude......the thermostats have 2 temp setting points.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ohsif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 10:45am
ohsif View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

What year is the motor? Is it the fuel injected model? What is the sequence of beeps? This will give the type of fault the motor is indicating.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jase83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 2:35pm
Jase83 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Thanks mate

Pulled the thermostat out and doesn’t look like it’s been changed in a long time. It’s very corroded and the housing also had quite a bit of salt build up. Tried phoning around to get a new one but everyone seems closed until 8 Jan. so might have to wait until then to get a new one.

Have only had the boat 4 weeks and not mechanically minded at all so don’t have a clue and am learning as I go.

Was told it was always flushed with salt away after use but who knows. It’s a 1996/97 engine says it’s done about 350hrs.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jase83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 2:38pm
Jase83 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

It’s a 96/97 DT115... just one long beep as you driving along and then it cuts the revs.
Pull it back and idle for a couple of seconds and then off it goes... just repeats a few times...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jase83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 2:39pm
Jase83 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Thanks Rockstar from Mars.. I’ll keep that in mind if I can some how get it in to someone to have a look...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ohsif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 8:29pm
ohsif View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

According to the manual, the only time you should get one long beep is when the ignition is turned on. The oil level and indicator gauge should also tell you if there is a problem with Battery voltage, Over reving, Oil level, Oil flow, Cooling water and Self diagnosis. Your motor should have oil and fuel injection and mine has proven to be very reliable.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Rockstar from Mars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 9:33pm
Rockstar from Mars View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Jase83 Jase83 wrote:

Thanks Rockstar from Mars.. I’ll keep that in mind if I can some how get it in to someone to have a look...

Give Andrew Carlson a call at fishing boats NZ he diagnosed mine over the phone 
Winning.....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jase83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2018 at 9:17pm
Jase83 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Thanks Steps

I did as you suggested with thermostat and took her out on the weekend, had no problems at all with the motor so thank you. I will get a new one once everything opens back up next week.