Chur (Waiuku Forest access)

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote DAlan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chur (Waiuku Forest access)
    Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 8:41pm
DAlan View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Chur everyone,

(Admin please move if in wrong forum)

Long time lurker first time poster! As someone who didnt fish too much as a kid this forum has been a surrogate in education with many days trawling through threads after a fishless day from the beach.

So thanks to all for your knowledge and expertise im sure you have helped thousands of others.

Im a hopeless surfcaster from HB now in papakura and tend to go to port waikato when I can, just wondering if anyone knows best way (if possible) to access the opposite side of the rivermouth i.e across the river from the dunes. Seen some people over there looks like forrestry roads?

Anyway thanks for any advice look forward to contributing now im settled and getting stuck in.

Cheers

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 5:57am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Hi welcome to the forums.Access to the northern side f the river is via the Waiuku forestry. I haven't been there in over 20 yearsand I'm unsure of current access. I'm sure someone else will be able to help
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 1:28pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Can anyone with more recent knowledge help out DAlan on access to the forestry side of the river?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DAlan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 4:01pm
DAlan View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Thanks smudge got some off the record advice! Will have to try it out. Pretty crazy somewhere so isolated is that close to auckland. If anyone reading this heads out that way or anywhere within a few hours or auckland and needs a companion flick me a message always keen to learn.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 2:44pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

How has the fishing been in the forest DAlan? Did you get out there?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DAlan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 8:16pm
DAlan View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hey smudge sorry for late reply! I went to go out there 2 weeks ago but road was closed for grading so had to miss it. Back from hols and into work now so planning on going out tomorrow morning hopefully. The forest manager says road is back open. Will let report how it goes, however if nothing is biting its more likely user error than location haha.

Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 4:38pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Hi Dalan, did you get out? I'm keen to know how the forestry is fishing these days
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 6:08am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Looks like DAlan got lost in the forest Big smile. Anyone else been to the Waiuku Forrest lately? I'm keen to hear how it's fishing.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fishfryer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 11:07pm
fishfryer View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I been there smudge but caught n othing
I have met The Brown Bomber. I am still alive