Gamefishing Updates - Manukau to Ahipara - 17/18

Page  <1 345
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 2:33pm
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by futech futech wrote:

Anyone else going out over the manukau this sunday?

I was looking at the forecast and thinking it looks worth a try, just waiting to hear if I can get crew.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote futech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 2:49pm
futech View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by Kevin.S Kevin.S wrote:

Originally posted by futech futech wrote:

Anyone else going out over the manukau this sunday?

I was looking at the forecast and thinking it looks worth a try, just waiting to hear if I can get crew.

I hear ya. Will be my first game on this season. Amping.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 7:55pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Head out west guys. On Sunday my son Arron was aboard OutWest, a 5.8m Allenco boat with my mate Shane.They had 2 marlin around their boat at 70m. A boat snapper fishing in 50m had a school of mahimahi come and hide under their boat.

This afternoon I took a call from a club member who claimed to have boated a 140kg stripey. I took one look at that fish and said nope it's not 140. After a bit if back and forth I estimated 181kg.

Not even! It went a solid 192.2kg. 108m just north of the Port. Only three of us know the lure and I will only say I have one :)

Before you challenge my call on it being a stripey I have literally seen hundreds of them on the scales. One had me confused. In the dark I thought it may have been a small black. It was a small blue.

Now I will put my hand up and say I have only seen one black and two blues.

The fish tonight was a striped marlin and I told the crew I didn't want to get their hopes up too high but it is the biggest I have seen.

I think I was happier than they were Big smile

Ohhh the Lure? A Pakula something :)

Light gauge hooks? Yupp! all legal? Yupp! Club members? Well the skipper was! I so wish it was a Counties fish but we still have a good month to tke that crown from Mercury Bay.

Well done Garry Box and Craig McKie (angler) onboard Get Over It.

One last thing, on their way out this morning they saw a free jumper at 52m. Thumbs Up
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fish Addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 10:13pm
Fish Addict View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Any pics of that fish Smudge? That's a top Stripey.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2018 at 6:04am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote coxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2018 at 7:16am
coxie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Beast of a stripey! Congrats to them
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fish Addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2018 at 4:48pm
Fish Addict View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Well done those guys, very solid fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Xtoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2018 at 5:22pm
Xtoad View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

That’s a cracker. Good to see your average climbing again for guess the weight Smudge.
Stu
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2018 at 5:26pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by Xtoad Xtoad wrote:

That’s a cracker. Good to see your average climbing again for guess the weight Smudge.
Stu

Hehe yeah two shockers, three within 200g and a heap within 10% Geek I'm pretty good at guessing gurnard weights though Big smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Te Namu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2018 at 11:46am
Te Namu View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Landed a striped marlin in 90m on Friday on Black And Purple fathom lure off long corner. Light gauge hooks.
Almost at Port Waikato.
Didn’t weigh as we launched at Mangere, but it measured 2.4m and reasonably fat so probably 90-100kg.
Was following change of colour on chlorophyll maps that I get from Ocean SST.
Last time I used the same tactic hooked a blue off Aldermans, so will try this again.
First timer angler and 1st for new boat. None of crew had ever been marlin fishing let alone seen one so was a great day to have them onboard.
Put on a great show - lots of aerial.
Stomach full of fresh piper/saury, and caught mid tide which wasn’t in the bite time. It must have been feeding as we drove over it for stomach contents to be so fresh.
Great day out and smoking it at home today.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2018 at 9:24pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

That's very cool Te Namu Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote White snake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2018 at 11:25pm
White snake View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Nice one Te Namu.sounds like a day on the water no one will forget👍
Page  <1 345