Doubtless with my new rod..

Post Options Post Options   Likes (3) Likes(3)   Quote Garry 23041 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Doubtless with my new rod..
    Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 11:12am
Garry 23041 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Out for a flick with my new Kaveman rod and my Kaveman micros and my Kaveman braid.....I may as well get the Kaveman Tattoo on my butt cheek!

Big snaps on the chew in 19m and under so a fun try out!

Released some big ones at the boat. I can't lift them in easily as my shoulder is currently rooted so I don't bother if I am not keeping them.

Took a pic for proof though as I know no pics, didn't happen..

I dragged one aboard that wasn't to big but a nice example of the standard fish on the day.

Have not had a "big fish" session for a while so it was fun.

This one did go back, I kept 4 smaller eaters.

I love the new rod and if anyone wants a rundown I can do that later.

The jig is a 30g.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Foxtrot Oscar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 12:45pm
Foxtrot Oscar View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Nice day out. 
Nice rods aye?

I suggested to Kev he distribute some stickers like he had on his rear windscreen. (They may also stick to butts! ) Embarrassed
      ><(((*>    J
><(((*>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 12:58pm
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Well done Garry, glad you liked the new toy and good to see them getting bent on big fishThumbs Up
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote RaggedJoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 1:33pm
RaggedJoe View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Damn you! Now I really want one....

I broke the end off my jigging rod (actually charter shipper boke it trying to release a fish), had it repaired but its lost a couple of inch's from the tip and the action suffers.

Kev, they aren't on your website..have you still got 'em in stock?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 3:25pm
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Originally posted by RaggedJoe RaggedJoe wrote:

Damn you! Now I really want one....

I broke the end off my jigging rod (actually charter shipper boke it trying to release a fish), had it repaired but its lost a couple of inch's from the tip and the action suffers.

Kev, they aren't on your website..have you still got 'em in stock?

Joe, will try and get them on the website tonight, been too busy lately
Still got most models but 5-9kg softbait/micro jig rod that Garry bought have nearly sold out.
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Garry 23041 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 3:42pm
Platinum
Platinum

Ragged Joe it's not the same with your end broken off mate!

I did it to a softie rod years ago and gave it to a kid in the end for bait fishing...

Yes thanks Kevin I still need some time to adjust to the change in action because I have been fishing my old rod once a week or so for a few years now..

My old rod had a shorter butt section and I had in fact added about 60mm to it which worked sweet.
However the even longer handle on the new rod is much better for me. I do have a longish arm.
It also means if you hold the base and use two hands to cast it will really send a lure.

It's a bit more buttery than my shorter rod but interestingly has more feel at the same time...hard to get used to.

It makes catching small fish more fun with the extra length and I I caught a couple of small kahawai to start the day and received more bend than my old rod and more feedback I wondered if it would pack up and go home on a large fish but no it did not!

It was a day to catch big fish on anything when it lit up so that was cool because my technique felt a little off with the change.

My mate had his boat over there and he tipped back a fish around 25lb and several other large fish caught on a scoot he made on a jig head.

Another friend has a picture to show me of a fish he estimates at 30lb he put back last night in the same place..

Anyway back to the rod so far.

It is now on the boat and my old one is home in the shed and that folks is saying a mouthful on the subject I reckon.

The only thing I would like is a hook keeper (which can get in the way for sure) and the fore grip one finger longer up the rod which may affect bend as I see most modern rods are tending this way?

Its fine if I hold my pinky on the reel seat so no big deal at all.

I bet I get to really love this thing when I get it synced up.

Thanks much Kaveman.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote RaggedJoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 4:17pm
RaggedJoe View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Yep, made my eyes water when it snapped!!

Email sent and received, thanks Kev.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 7:10pm
Snappa Geoff View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice Fish'n and releasing Garry! New gear sounds mean! Good to see beaut fish still there after been hammered the CommsBeer
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Garry 23041 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 8:02pm
Platinum
Platinum

Geoff I am surprised by the scene this spring...

I would have thought those times basically over for the bay.

I remember when I came here 15 years ago we would drift over the snaps and the old black and white sounder would stop reading 14m and read 7m!
All the lines were out the back and we would count....5 4 3 2 1 and then carnage.

Not like that but I was getting taken close to the surface by nice fish..

I was told the comms have plenty of fish and are on a go slow?

Only one boat over there this morning which felt good.

I have a rock I used to get all my big snaps off and I should go and fish it one evening because if they are that big on the sand it might be firing.
I kind of got out of hunting snapper though beyond a feed.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishing Addiction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 12:47pm
Fishing Addiction View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Absolutely amazing rods!! It’s like you cast the softbait or micro and it just goes and goes and goes then finally lands. Love the longer butt too. Makes the fighting easier
That’s an awesome report Garry