Another Comp, Beaut Snaps Mokau!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (4) Likes(4)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another Comp, Beaut Snaps Mokau!
    Posted: 26 Nov 2017 at 2:50pm
Snappa Geoff View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hi all after three days hard fishing i'm sitting here writing this feeling slightly Jaded for my mid fifties bodyLOL Took Thursday and Friday off work, the first to take Smelli out! see his catch report earlier today. Friday and Saturday being The Kawhia Snappa Kasha Comp. Another flat sea with perfect weather on the cards. Can't remember last time Mokau  had a week like this and its still going to continue for a few more days yet. Friday out at 6.30 am all set up waiting for the big ones to come through! On queue they turned up at me top spot about an hours difference to the time Smelli and i got e'm the day before! Got two on whole Kahawai Fillets both looked same in weight. Heaviest 9.85 kg and a 9.6. That was it only baitfish for next three hours so came in for clean up and rest. Went out again for a dusk fish, seven Kahawai no Snaps. Day two as like last week took Heids out armed with alot of fresh bait we fished for five hours for one good Snap. The Wife got it a 9.00 kg Snap. A Few Gurnhard and the biggest Kahawai i got off we drove to Kawhia for weigh inBig smile Alot of Anglers in this one, close to three hundred, we hoped ours were good enough to make the cash up for grabs in the top ten. With the other species well out of reach and cash awarded the tenth heaviest Snap weight was called up, 8.1 kg, yep we had made the $$. Heids came in at 7th and my best 4th. Winner was over 11kg and a couple of 10's minor places. We were rapt! Met heaps of people some fellow forum members and enjoyed the event.Thumbs Up To Kawhia Boating Club, awesome comp. Couple of photo's. My two from day one, Heids fish day two. Cheers.....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MacSkipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2017 at 5:35pm
MacSkipper View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Awesome Geoff!  Love Kawhia also nice place.
Good fishing trip nothing breaks, great trip catch fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2017 at 5:37pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

definitely no goldfish there Geoff
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2017 at 8:28pm
feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Certainly was a good comp, nice to say hello and put  names to your faces, well done Geoff and Heidi.

Cheers
The only bar to frequent is the Kawhia Bar
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2017 at 8:50pm
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Still Bloody good fish Geoff even though sounds a bit of hard fishing days for you. LOL
Great to see the weather playing ball for you. Maybe just a tad too good and snaps not on the chew.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muzzfishing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2017 at 9:18pm
Muzzfishing View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nearly a full time job for you Geoff,  (fishing) rest up and take a couple of days off you both deserve it. Nice pics too.
    A Good Skipper Keeps the water on the outside of the boat.