Rods

Page  12>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rods
    Posted: 25 Nov 2017 at 7:21am
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

I have just had a range of slow jigs arrive in spin and overhead.

Also 2 weights of softbait/ micro jigs rods. 4-7kg,  5-9kg

All rods are made with Japanese Toray carbon with nano composites.
All top of the line fuji reelseats and guides

Coming to Auckland to drop some rods of on Sunday so if anyone is looking at buying a rod, i could be available around mid day to show you these.
If anyone interested , leave a message on this post
Cheers
Kevin
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2017 at 8:14am
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Forgot to say that i am doing an introductory price for one week only, $225 plus you get a Kaveman tackle cap and  couple of pkts of softbaits with sb rod.Thumbs Up
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spin king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2017 at 1:47pm
spin king View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yep keen for a looksee!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2017 at 8:21pm
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Originally posted by spin king spin king wrote:

Yep keen for a looksee!!

Hi Terry. Will be at Scott Stonex place in Onehunga around 10am then going to Hill Rd, Manuewa
give me a call on 0274798477
Cheers
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2017 at 9:33pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Pics or it didn't happen Kev, you know how this great site worksBig smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Foxtrot Oscar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2017 at 12:15am
Foxtrot Oscar View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hi Kev,
Sorry to miss your call. (I see from the number you've posted). I did text you later.  I'll try and get to Onehunga.
      ><(((*>    J
><(((*>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Foxtrot Oscar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2017 at 6:19pm
Gold
Gold

I've seen the Kaveman!  Big smile (Nowhere near as 'neanderthal' as one might expect. Wink )
Some concerted texting, missed phone calls and late night frustration - as I was at the Stock Cars (Very Noisy) - culminated in my arriving in Onehunga mid-Sunday morning only to discover I needed to be in One Tree Hill. For those of you outside Jaffaland that's, maybe, 3 km but could be an hour away on a bad day. Lucky for 'Kaveman Kev' it was a good day and I arrived just in time to see his signwritten ute pulling into Scotty's driveway. Guessed I was at the right house when the bright yellow (brand new?) Surtees blinded my vision from the garage.
Quick intros, handshakes, (who the hell are you? - They all thought!) and Terry strolls in to join the driveway club.
The Kaveman was very genial and almost bashful when unfurling the covers off his new rods. I can honestly say there was no pressure to buy. However as at most gatherings of fisho's I've experienced, these guys were only too keen to impart knowledge and wisdom to a newbie. I maybe learnt more about jigging in 30 mins than I ever knew I needed to know. Embarrassed
Then there was the jig selection... Candy store time!
For those, like me in early-onset TAS your eyes would be bulging! Bendy soft-bait rods, Strong and bendy jigging rods, Two-piece, one-piece... 
All in lovely soft neoprene slip-covers with ties and flap closures.
So, after understanding now what the 'Action' refers to I chose to buy a one-piece overhead jigging rod to boost my arsenal. This is an investment in that I still need to install a reel and to this end I received much advice from Scotty & Terry while the Kaveman stood back and let me make a decision- in my own time.
I regard the opportunity to talk to fellow fishers as a research opportunity and a learning experience. Thus I had no hesitation in buying one of these rods. I could see how impressed the other guys were with the product.
Kev forgot the caps. But Scotty vey kindly donated me a couple of jigs to try which I will as soon as I get a reel installed. I can't wait. 
Thanks Scotty, Terry and of course Kaveman for taking the trouble to make the contact and the time.
I will be buying more jigs for sure. (That lumo yellow one ..., the stripey one... ) ...
Thanks all for your time today. 
F.O.
      ><(((*>    J
><(((*>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Garry 23041 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2017 at 6:32pm
Garry 23041 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

What jig weight is your new rod geared for Foxoscr?

Is it a regular speed jig rod or a slow pitch style.

I think he had slow pitch in the group and no speed ones is that correct?

I can't think when the last time I went to stock cars was....I grew up in Aucks so I would have been pretty young.
Good to hear it's still going..

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2017 at 8:01pm
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Originally posted by Garry 23041 Garry 23041 wrote:

What jig weight is your new rod geared for Foxoscr?

Is it a regular speed jig rod or a slow pitch style.

I think he had slow pitch in the group and no speed ones is that correct?

I can't think when the last time I went to stock cars was....I grew up in Aucks so I would have been pretty young.
Good to hear it's still going..

Garry, our slow jig rod is more a rod for inchikus, kaburas etc but at a pinch could be used for slow pitch jigs
Jig weight is 50-200g, very sensitive tip and a very progressive taper with power to burn. The blank has been tested to 15kg dragWink
Feedback was amazing, everyone i saw today bought a rod, shame it was a quick  visit, will be doing a proper intro with these rods at OBC after Xmas. (dates to be advised)

PS,  glad to meet you John(foxtrot oscar) and i am sure you will love your new rod
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2017 at 8:04pm
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Originally posted by Catchelot Catchelot wrote:

Pics or it didn't happen Kev, you know how this great site worksBig smile

Will do a post in new products in a day or so mateWink
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Foxtrot Oscar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2017 at 8:28pm
Gold
Gold

Awesome Kev. Thanks for your time.
Garry: Mine is a Slow Jigging 6'5" (1.96m) rated for 15kg max drag and 30-200g jigs.

Some pics I hope: (For Catchelot)Reel Seat Mounting

The pic with the green background has the Reel Seat unscrewed so you can see the very nice red ferrule. It is all finished very nicely and evenly. (Didn't come out very clearly.)

Next weekend is the 50th Anniversary stock car meeting with Vintage Stocks as well as the modern cars. Big meet 'n greet on the Friday I believe.

><(((*>    J
><(((*>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Foxtrot Oscar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2017 at 8:40pm
Gold
Gold

Double-checked - mine says "30 - 200g"

><(((*>    J
><(((*>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Garry 23041 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 7:32am
Platinum
Platinum

That's going to feel great when there is a 20lb snapper bending it all the way from butt to tip.

Get out and find one!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Foxtrot Oscar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 10:58am
Gold
Gold

Yes Garry, it feels really different to my Softbait rod and I now know why my SB rod was no good with the couple of Inchiku's I tried. 
Thanks again to Kev, Scott & Terry for patient explanations and guidance.

I hope to have it in action soon as I've been kindly offered a good deal on a reel via PM.

(Sorry about the pics. I have noticed there is no good way of photographing a whole rod in any way that gives any decent view or detail. At least with the smartphone camera.)
      ><(((*>    J
><(((*>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Garry 23041 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 5:44pm
Platinum
Platinum

Foxoscr I guess you were already told this but here goes anyway.

My friend who I fish with a lot has a horizontal holder on his boat for a rod he has with the same kind of action.
He puts Lucanus sp? in it when he is on the boat alone and flicking softbaits.
He hits bottom and winds up a meter or so.
With the rod pretty much parallel to the water it works the Lucanus well and sometimes it's the fish catcher for the day and other times it is so busy he doesn't end up using his softie outfit.
I have never tried it or seen it used.
I bet plenty of people on here do something similar because my mate didn't figure this out for himself.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Foxtrot Oscar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 8:55pm
Gold
Gold

Hi Garry, I was told they fish pretty well in a rod holder but hadn't heard the 'horizontal' thing. The Kaveman reminded me about 'Point Loading' so I'm aware to be careful there. I've invested in some leashes to ensure I don't lose the Softy when travelling so I would make sure I attached one to the Jigger if it was horizontal.

Thanks for the tip! I am still a newbie so all advice is gratefully received.

(P.s. Leashes were on special at Marine Deals a few weeks ago. $3.99. Can't make them for that as the stainless clip alone was $8 at Burnsco.)
      ><(((*>    J
><(((*>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 10:23am
JW View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hi Capn. What's the length of the softbait rods?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Garry 23041 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 2:46pm
Platinum
Platinum

JW I just ordered the 5-9kg and it's 8'2".

Keen to get it up here and have a play, get it figured out...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 3:13pm
JW View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

That's what I was hoping to hear. Thanks

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Garry 23041 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 3:30pm
Platinum
Platinum

He only has a couple left in that line class.

I am told they are light but powerful so the next down, 4-7kg was a close call for me....
Page  12>