Jacinda Ardern and Rec fisheries??

Page  12>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jacinda Ardern and Rec fisheries??
    Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 9:55am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Surprised hasn't been posted...
 seems she is a keen Rec fisher.. person.
 And here partner , Clarke Gayford, even more so, with higher profile with his fishing TV series.
 http://fishoftheday.tv/

Doesnt seem a lot made of it in the lead up to the election...
Maybe cause a lot hasnt been made for sometime (since lead up to last elections controversy)
 And maybe not politically sensible without the bums off chairs support and considering the rather successful resent coms marketing efforts.
Winny has a positive policy....
 With the recent MPI issues, the new PMs interest in rec fishing, greens in the background..
Maybe there is a little light at the end of the tunnel for better deal for inshore fisheries???
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 12:21pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Labour will: Set clear, scientifically justifiable targets for rebuilding fisheries to sustainable levels and standards for managing the impacts of fishing on the environment; enable and facilitate fisheries resource users to meet those targets and standards; and develop cost-  effective monitoring and auditing systems to ensure they are met.Labour will: Review the Resource Management Act to promote integrated management and protect fisheries habitats and aquaculture areas from the impacts of land-based activities.Labour will: Expect all fishing sectors to share responsibility for improving the abundance of inshore fisheries.Labour will: Obtain accurate information on commercial fishing activity, making use of new technology while also considering and correcting the underlying incentives that drive misreporting and illegal discarding, and will work alongside industry to develop practical solutions to minimise discarding in multi-species fisheries.Labour will: Work alongside the recreational fishing sector to design and implement improved representation of their concerns and priorities at both the national and regional levels and with the aim of improving the fishing experience for all New Zealanders now and for generations to come.Labour will: Improve decision making, while retaining a diversity of solutions and outcomes to suit the range of issues that communities face.Labour will: Work with Maori fisheries stakeholders to ensure that the full range of Maori rights and interests in fisheries and the marine environment are able to be exercised in an integrated manner, consistent with the obligations in the Maori Fisheries Settlement.Labour will: Work with industry and other stakeholders to develop a national seafood branding and certification programme to add value to New Zealand’s seafood exports.Labour will: Facilitate the development of aquaculture within clear environmental standards.Labour will:
  • Consider whether we should revert to a separate fisheries agency
  • Address ways to improving our knowledge of the impact of fishing on fish stocks, while considering overseas experiences and the incentives which result
  • Institute an independent review of the performance of both MPI and the Quota Management System
  • Support the rehabilitation of the Kaikoura and environs paua habitat and work with all parties to ensure local and neighbouring resources are sustained
  • Labour will implement digital reporting and monitoring systems that are cost effective, fit for purpose, and provide real fisheries management benefits – if necessary, we will defer the introduction of new systems until we are certain these objectives can be met.
From "legasea" site
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 12:22pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

My veiw is seeing how NZF member Richard Posser? didnt get in expect no change as " Shane Jones " will not upset commercial buddies.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 6:11pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

same public servants running the show
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote puff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 6:27pm
puff View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nothing will change all the governments are the same..... useless
Post Options Post Options   Likes (3) Likes(3)   Quote Tzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 8:02pm
Tzer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

There will be to much in fighting to be worried about fisheries
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 8:22pm
bite View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

winny  fishers 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (3) Likes(3)   Quote Stonefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 9:58pm
Stonefish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Well, if she's gonna screw the economy, tax me more and devalue my house she'd better bloody sort out fisheries.
6.7m Surtees PureFisher - "Kraken"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 5:05am
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

.Labour will: Work with industry and other stakeholders to develop a national seafood branding and certification programme to add value to New Zealand’s seafood exports.

No Change There,same as National "export $$$"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Stonefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 7:49am
Stonefish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Sign of things to come with NZ First influence protecting commercial interests?
https://i.stuff.co.nz/environment/98122008/kermadec-ocean-sanctuary-put-on-ice-by-nz-first-catching-greens-unaware
6.7m Surtees PureFisher - "Kraken"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 10:00am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

same public servants running the show

Yep That is the BIG issue... doesnt matter if local government.. ie Goff in Auckland  or a new incoming national government....
Rem the prog yrs ago "Yes Minister" ?

Every so often a PM or minister turns up with real balls and changes things.. Seddon, savage, king, Kirk, Moyle, Lange.

Now  our self severing bureaucracy has protected its self in the late 80s and Clarke yrs

What needs to happen is being able to simply fire everyone at the top, and have them re apply.
Same as what happens to all those at the bottom in private industry to cut out the dead wood...
Trouble is the top guys .. the bureaucracy have so well protected themselves with employment contracts, penalties the hand shakes become unaffordable.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Tagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 10:52am
Tagit View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Stonefish Stonefish wrote:

Sign of things to come with NZ First influence protecting commercial interests?
https://i.stuff.co.nz/environment/98122008/kermadec-ocean-sanctuary-put-on-ice-by-nz-first-catching-greens-unaware

Our Wincinda government is off to a good start. One major coalition partner completely blindsided by the other two 'partner' parties. Haven't even warmed their seats yet and there is trouble in paradise. 

I wonder how NZF's stated fisheries policies line up with all the 'investment' that the fisheries companies have supposedly made in NZF? Enough investment to get their 'requirements' into the make or break coalition talks forming our new government?? What else besides killing the sanctuary was agreed but not announced yet? I wonder what that degree of 'influence' costs??
Does that make NZF's recreational fishing policies vote catchers rather than policies to actually implement? Would be very normal 'Winnie' from how I view his history. Not holding my breath about seeing any improvements for rec fishing out of NZF, but am worried about how much we might lose via Labour/Greens and potentially their wish to capture more Maori vote.
This is going to be a scary three years with a very left leaning Labour leader under the control of the extreme left Greens and the very self interested NZF trying to work out how they can look after their own futures when Winnie retires.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Finatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 9:20am
Finatic View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Good old Winnie doing what's best for... himself! No surprises there. Greedy old ****!
What's the cheapest type of meat? Dear balls. They're under a buck.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Clifftastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 11:57am
Clifftastic View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

A guy I know took Winnie out for a fish a few years ago and wrote this article - http://www.nzherald.co.nz//nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11306150
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 3:13pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Clifftastic Clifftastic wrote:

A guy I know took Winnie out for a fish a few years ago and wrote this article - http://www.nzherald.co.nz//nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11306150
All pollies are human away from the office,interesting article thoughSmile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 4:21pm
Tzer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Before the elections all the nay sayers & advocacy groups were bagging MPI, commercial and Nationals Nathan Guy call for heads to roll, sacking of the minister etc. Yet now the results are known everybody's very quiet save for a few comments I have read across various social media pages questioning if Shane Jones will be next minister of MPI or at very least should they separate out fisheries into it own ministry again the new minister of fisheries.
Will be very interesting to see which way the coalition roles but my guess is you wont see much change so how long before the bagging starts.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 6:16pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Tzer Tzer wrote:

Before the elections all the nay sayers & advocacy groups were bagging MPI, commercial and Nationals Nathan Guy call for heads to roll, sacking of the minister etc. Yet now the results are known everybody's very quiet save for a few comments I have read across various social media pages questioning if Shane Jones will be next minister of MPI or at very least should they separate out fisheries into it own ministry again the new minister of fisheries.
Will be very interesting to see which way the coalition roles but my guess is you wont see much change so how long before the bagging starts.
Nothing will change,read labours policy above,Shane Jones will look after his comms mates,the only time change would of/could of occured if NZF Richard Posser(list member) had got in,he pushed basically "legaseas" policies. So the short of it all F$%k all will change.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2017 at 10:08am
Tagit View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

There are vote grabbing 'election policies' pre-election and then there are the 'real' policies that don't get advertised prior to the election as they know they won't get popular support. NZF seem to have a few of the first and Labour may just have a whole bunch of the 2nd. I don't think any of the parties consider rec fishing to be a real issue for them so it is mainly just a case of throwing some words around pre-election to take rec fishing out of the decision equation for most people. Same with nationals last minute 'rec fishing zones' in the previous election. Just thrown out there to take the subject off the table.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2017 at 10:59am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yep...

I don't think any of the parties consider rec fishing to be a real issue for them so it is mainly just a case of throwing some words around pre-election to take rec fishing out of the decision equation for most people

One just has to look at the few posts comments here pre election...
And where a handful of votes ended up at the end of the day

Then we has issues like selling water off shore..  medicinal cannabis, lot big noise, indignation, public protests.. gets to the press, social media etc.
Inshore fisheries.. bottom line not enough care about it enough to go beyond the keyboard..so issues that .
 Althu a part of the  rivers streams environment .. well at the end of it Wink  it just gets a passing mention.

Not in public face, therefore media, and if manages to become a political issue.. its at the bottom.
Yet  rec fishing is suppose to be one of , if not the top , recreational past times (???)
So is it really?  or just the fall subject to blame poor inshore fisheries on?

An old saying
" A country gets the government it deserves"
 Which loosely means if one doesn't continually stand up for those things it values... freedom, democracy, environment, water off shore, inshore fisheries... it WILL DISAPPEAR because its not a political hot cake

And a political hot cake is not the number of ppl who care, its the number of ppl who care enough to stand up and make public waves in the streets
You can write all the letters/ emails, to MPs ministers , PM collectively 10s of 1000s... sign petitions etc etc , from 1000s even to MPs PMs, but unless public waves are made in the streets.. its doesn't make a difference.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 9:56am
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

No no, With the blessed administration of the enlightened and pure, all wrongs shall be righted, all problems solved, all shall be happiness and light....surely? Come on! Lets watch them do this!
Watching my share fund steadily decline is just the first of the great things I always anticipated.....I bet more will happen too.
Remember, The Blessed and Most Holy Jacinda vowed and dead set PROMISED there would be no new taxes in this term. We will see. Capital gains tax? Death Duties? I watch with interest.....
It is only my overwhelming natural humility that mars my perfection.

Captain Asparagus, Superhero, Adventurer.
Page  12>