Advertising on trade me .....

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advertising on trade me .....
    Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 12:02pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Have enjoyed owning my motorhome for the past 7 or 8 years, the realisation of a dream after noticing a motorhome camped riverside &
how they were right on the spot to fish whenever they wished yet to relax when they didn't.

Finally was my turn & purchased an older Ford Trader fitted out by Munro Caravans / Motorhomes.

It was already fitted out by previous owner to suit fishing & I set about
adding to it to cover as many aspects as possible such s carrying a boat & motor on framework on the back.

Anyway for various reasons the time has come to pass it on to some other keen fisho to enjoy it as much as I have & to that end want to advertise it on Trade Me but am unsure how to go about it., however do have an account with them.

As far as I can make out there is a $90 listing fee for vehicles & boats.

Each listing entitled to 20 photos ( have taken them in anticipation )
but how about wording is there a limit on that ?

A "success fee" of about 1.95% mentioned. Does this mean such a fee is incurred when / if sold ... if so how & when is this paid ?

Can alterations be made to the wording or photos after listing ?

There seem to be options that can be added at extra cost ... are any worth consideration?

Would appreciate any advice from anyone who knows how the system works so as I can place a suitable listing.

When you cry, feel pain or sadness, no one notices your sorrow .... BUT
fart just ONE time !!!!!!!!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MacSkipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 1:59pm
MacSkipper View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I have sold plenty of stuff on trade me - list all features and lots of pictures, buy all extra listing options - bold, featured etc as puts your listing in front of buyers,  Rave about it and explain why selling regretfully, run an auction not or near offer (that way it gets sold and I usually get more than I expect) - realistic reserve (rock bottom min sell price) which is lowest you will sell for,  Select closing time of auction for evening during week (not 6am in morning!).  Run auction over a weekend and during week to catch all sorts and give time for a buyer to arrange to see.
Don't worry about commission only comes out once sold anyway.  Trade me isn't cheap but great way to get in front of a lot of buyers.  I usually get more than I expect as hundreds will view your advt from whole country.  Be very polite and prompt to reply in Q & A (you get emailed questions) you do get tire kickers and some serious buyers will come and look some people often pay top dollar without actually coming and viewing, you cant pick final buyer usually!  Cheers. 
Good fishing trip nothing breaks, great trip catch fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Derek F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 3:33pm
Derek F View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

And only accept bids from 'address verified" members to avoid the anonymous drop kicks who bid enough to win everything but don't turn up to pay.
And the trouble is, if you don't risk anything, you risk even more...Erica Jong
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 3:49pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Have had a couple of pm enquiries from forum members so for the benefit of anyone else here that might be interested here is a copy of the reply sent to them :-

It is an oldtimer but in good nick for its' age having had only private owners, myself for past 8 yrs with a mere 174,000 kms which is barely run in for a 3 ltr diesel, plus can drive on a standard licence.
Included in price, boat, motor, oars, anchor chain warp, rooftop storage bins, cray pot, ladder, outdoor table plus 4 chairs, crockery, pots / pans, cutlery, glassware.
Mhome has toilet, shower, 3 way fridge/freezer, solar panel, new COF, new rego, towbar & dual rear wheels etc.etc Important for any m/home the chassis has been blasted then coated with 2 pot epoxy & the roof top has been sealed entirely.
Was going to list on Trademe for $18,500 firm no offers.
For a forum member & a no hassle deal would accept $18 K & possibly throw in burley bucket, scallop dredge, GPS & a brand new ac/dc 16" TV but they would need to move fast before it is listed on TradeMe.
Has two minor downsides ie is non turbo therefore no speed machine & probably would not make an ideal getaway vehicle if you had robbed a bank or suit anyone wanting to tear away long distances from home for an overnighter.

It does not have power steering which makes no difference once underway but builds strong shoulder muscles having to manoeuver
in tight spaces.

Let me know asap if you were genuinely interested .... was going to list this arvo but will leave it until a bit later. 

For the price asked it is not only a rather unique setup but far less than comparative units without all the extras. Anyone buying at the price stands to lose much when reselling & may very well make on the deal.

If a forum member was genuinely interested might consider a $5000
(non refundable) deposit to hold it for them for up to 6 or 8 weeks.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote letsgetem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 11:12am
letsgetem View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I don't like auctions. I usually list with a "Buy Now" price, that's the same as the start price for an auction. This circumvents the auction. With a vehicle, you can give a contact number, so people can ring, inspect it, and make a lower offer if they like.

After the initial period (usually about 7 days), if it hasn't sold, you can re-list it for another period at no more cost. I generally think keeping it for longer is worthwhile, as cant expect any keen buyers to turn up straight away. Eventually if it hasn't sold, I think the price is too high, and drop it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote flyfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 11:16am
flyfisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Good price Bazza, buying a campervan has been one of the best things I have done in my life, the only regret was not doing it earlier and I'm only 43! The only other issue is the family love it so much I'm not using it for my intended purpose as a fishing batch on wheels as they want to come away every bloody weekend with me! Seriosly good fun. The Trader is a good solid platform as a first motorhome, you'll sell it VERY quickly at that price as they often go in the mid $20k region with far more kms than that.
https://www.youtube.com/user/troutboynz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 9:31pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Am very grateful for everyone heres' help in listing on Trademe, but as a technicphobe that has barely learnt to use a pop up toaster, am unsure about being thankful for the mayhem resulting & am in awe of the unbelievable power of internet advertising.

Anyway with the much valued assistance of my SIL a listing on TradeMe for the motorhome was placed late last night & during today had a number of eager buyers thoughout the country trying to buy it.

The first up from Nelson, had a genuine reason to do so, therefore  I decided to hold it for them despite other eager buyers emerging as the day progressed. However due to circumstances beyond their control were unable to finalise within an agreed upon reasonable time span. So was then able to offer it to the next in line who immediately rather trustfully lodged a non refundable $5000 deposit to secure the right to purchase.

So a win / win situation ... I am happy with the result despite having probably under priced, but more than happy that a young couple are about to, as I did, set about a plethora of very meaningful life experiences ........ so thanks all round, nevertheless am ultra grateful for having arranged to go fishing tomorrow. which hopefully will be a very welcome respite from todays' deluge of tradeMe questions. e-mails & innumerable phone calls.

Thanx anyway FNet forum members for a great result ... Phew ! 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MarkE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 12:05am
MarkE View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

My business runs through TM. My one piece of advice would be to run a classified listing as apposed to an auction.
Glad it worked out for you Bazza :)
Sea Strike 18' Centre Console - Under Construction....Build Thread here
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote MacSkipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 5:44am
MacSkipper View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Great result Bazza- if you are happy with sale and price that is what matters, amazing how often out of Auckland people buy from advert I found the same.
Good fishing trip nothing breaks, great trip catch fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 2:53pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

How do I put a "SOLD" notice on the listing as sold within 12hrs then could have been sold 5 times over within 24hrs. Nevertheless continue to receive e-mails & phone calls, despite adding a sellers comment that it had been sold. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote podpaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 2:56pm
podpaul View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

go to edit listing and add SOLD several times at the top of the description, usually works!.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 4:02pm
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The other thing people do is put the price up to a ridiculous amount to put people off calling.