Whangaroa

Post Options Post Options   Likes (4) Likes(4)   Quote churbay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Whangaroa
    Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 10:11pm
churbay View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Every school holidays we try and get up to Tauranga Bay for a week. 
Just got back today. Fishing was not too bad. Not heaps numbers wise but good sized fish caught. I'm still getting my head around fishing off a boat as most of my experience up there has been fishing off a Kayak. 
I never seem to have much joy fishing with bait and berley, usually I tend to drift and cast softbaits. 
These were caught on softys with the Kingy jumping on a lure I had dangling out the back 

My son Oliver is starting to get the hang of it. He brought this up all by himself. 

I got this guy a few minutes later. caught on a hard lure in 30 metres. 

You can really see them but theres a whole lot of goats on the beach. Looked like they were sunbathing. Big smile

I cant wait to get back up to the Far North again. Got a few ideas for next time. 

Chur
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 7:02am
Snappa Geoff View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice fish Churbay! Son looks very proudBig smile Amazing looking spot....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote the demon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 7:40am
the demon View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Was at taupo bay with my boy for 6days fishing.Was a wee bit hard but we to did a lot of drifting .Got onto the gurnard with softies a few times on the sand ,which was real fun .
Did you stay close to tauranga bay ?Good kids comp at whangaroa around 6th jan if you  are up there ,by the looks of it the podium is a good chance .Thumbs Up 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote churbay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 9:27am
churbay View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Yeah pretty close to T bay.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 5:23pm
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thanks for the report churbay!Thumbs Up
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken