Tauranga Softbait Colours

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote churhoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tauranga Softbait Colours
    Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 12:02pm
churhoo View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Does anyone know which Softbait are fishing well for snapper along Matakana and papamoa at the moment? Colour? Shape? Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Raptor 650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 3:12pm
Raptor 650 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Gulp New Penny  and Lime Tiger crazy legs are  all you need. Here are this mornings victims.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 3:41pm
The Tamure Kid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

And keeping it local with the Offshore rod.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 3:59pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Nice haul GeoffBig smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote churhoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 4:10pm
churhoo View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Awesome, will give them a go. Thank you
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sole M8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 9:32pm
Sole M8 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

You been softbaiting lately Geoff???
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Raptor 650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 12:19pm
Silver
Silver

Yes and the deep water reefs have been firing all summer . This is a shot of a quick session just before the latest easterly blow . 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Raptor 650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 12:24pm
Silver
Silver

Have also gone to the dark side( if tuatuas on Uncles Macflasher rigs qualify as stinky bait)  with my yearly hunt for the elusive Pukehina Blue Moki with some by catch. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Betty Boop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 12:14am
Betty Boop View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I'm thinking of Trolling for Skippies with softies this Sunday b4 my first surgery next week to use up fuel in underfloor tank, as I'll be out of action, for the rest of this season
Last week I joined an Anti-Social support group........They won't talk to me!

Papamoa
fi-Glass Viscount
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Marligator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 12:46pm
Marligator View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Those are some nice blue moki there Geoff, if you don't mind me asking what depth are you fishing for them. Plus how big was that top one it looks about 5 kg is that about right if so awesome fish I bet that gave you a good scrap.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Raptor 650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 5:32pm
Silver
Silver

Depth was 25 meter only about 3-4 km off entrance.Those moki fight really hard the bid one was  14 lb and at first I thought I had hooked a king, Beautiful eating as well . Ive fished around the same spot for 35 yrs and its only the last 4 or 5 that the Ive started to pick up Moki especially around xmas time. . 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Marligator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 6:02pm
Marligator View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thanks for that, I caught my first Blue Moki in Fiordland in November last year and they really fight alright, nowhere near as big as that big one of yours, that is a ripper. I have friends up here who have caught them off Papamoa in 25m as well on the terakihi spots, but usually in winter, always nice sized fish as well. Prawns should work well as a bait for them as well and of course crayfish is best, they should take mussel as well. I will have to have a try for them this year. Seen quite a few diving over the years.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 7:41pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Cool blue moki was that on shellfish bait