which is best fishing reel ?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote charleswilbourn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: which is best fishing reel ?
    Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 6:52pm
charleswilbourn View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi, It's me, Charles. Fishing is one of the most favorite hobbies for me. I love fishing but I don't know properly about fishing. I have asked someone which is best fishing reel? He told me that the best fishing reel is Abu Garcia fishing reel but I am confused because I don't know which is best. Is that true? Experts help me.

Thank You
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote muchalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 7:29pm
muchalls View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Erm......fishing for what exactly?
Minnows or Marlin?
Need to know your target species before anyone can answer..although you can't go wrong with Shimano reels (imho)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 9:49am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

And "best" is very much  how deep your pockets are...

Like Muchalls post above..
 Shamano "brand"  for example. you can pick up a $50 4000 reel, or a $80 or a $120  or a $180 or $230 or $350 going right up to way over $1000/ 1500

larger reels can go up way , way higher than that.

And most Brands have the same... the quaity of the gears, steel/ machine cutting, bushes to roller bearings, to needle bearings... break material from felts to carbon stuff....bodies and parts from cast to machined billets...

Going cheap on any reel rod.. good for kids of the wharf after bat fish fine...
 But seriously thinking of getting into fishing on a regular basis, at least mid range rods and reels... the $180/ $250  on each...combo cheaper

Then add on the cost of quaity braid/ mono... braid maybe another $70 ??

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote charleswilbourn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 7:58pm
charleswilbourn View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Thank You guys for, give me your best idea. I want to know all over about fishing. Which is best fishing reel like salt water, fresh water (e.t.c.) which is best for fishing?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 10:05am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I know nothing about fresh water.. other than catching eels on a tent guide rope and bent safety pin.
 And much the same for rock based fishing.
 Fresh water is very much general fishing from a boat...
Most of our (mine, Wife, Son) reels /rods are spinners... and most baitrunners
 The light weight stray line / soft bait/ lure are from best to not quite as 'best'
Shamano thunnus 4000 on a okuma 6 to 10 kg 2 peice nano matrix   x 2
Shamano OC 4000 on okuma braid innovate(?) (obsolete replaced with nano matrix)
 Shamano OC4000 on okuma Xtreme 6 to 8kg (?).. nice but the nano is better.
 Okuma 4000 baiter runner, now obsolete reel on Xtreme rod

Then for deeper water, /heavier sinker weights.
Shamano OC  6000 on shamano 'lipstick' 10 to 15
Shamano OC on kilwell 10 to 15 rod
 A now obsolete okuma baitrunner 6000 on an okumja xtreme 10to 15kg
And TLD on (?) to 35kg shamano rod.
 Sry about the (?) but would have to check to make sure exactly

Basically all of the above individually fall in the $120 to $270 range, the thunnus being the top end... All purchased on retail discounts days.
 All well looked after washed down , cleaned and maintenance have lasted with a lot use for many yrs now.

All have 30lb diawa J coloured braid or penn.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote OuttaHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 7:29pm
OuttaHere View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Steps Steps wrote:

I know nothing about fresh water.. other than catching eels on a tent guide rope and bent safety pin.
 And much the same for rock based fishing.
 Fresh water is very much general fishing from a boat...
Most of our (mine, Wife, Son) reels /rods are spinners... and most baitrunners
 The light weight stray line / soft bait/ lure are from best to not quite as 'best'
Shamano thunnus 4000 on a okuma 6 to 10 kg 2 peice nano matrix   x 2
Shamano OC 4000 on okuma braid innovate(?) (obsolete replaced with nano matrix)
 Shamano OC4000 on okuma Xtreme 6 to 8kg (?).. nice but the nano is better.
 Okuma 4000 baiter runner, now obsolete reel on Xtreme rod

Then for deeper water, /heavier sinker weights.
Shamano OC  6000 on shamano 'lipstick' 10 to 15
Shamano OC on kilwell 10 to 15 rod
 A now obsolete okuma baitrunner 6000 on an okumja xtreme 10to 15kg
And TLD on (?) to 35kg shamano rod.
 Sry about the (?) but would have to check to make sure exactly

Basically all of the above individually fall in the $120 to $270 range, the thunnus being the top end... All purchased on retail discounts days.
 All well looked after washed down , cleaned and maintenance have lasted with a lot use for many yrs now.

All have 30lb diawa J coloured braid or penn.

I'm deeply suspicious of the user account you're replying to... I strongly suspect that at any moment they are going to start dropping spam links.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 9:25am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I'm deeply suspicious of the user account you're replying to

Hmmm little, and takes very little digging and
USA .. Ex SEO web site guy...damn hate the spam from these companies / guys when own domains / servers.
 Posts on boats kayaks, fishing....but get feeling nil experience????
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote eynon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 9:31am
eynon View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

english much good
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote puff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 12:40pm
puff View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Anything but Diawa....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PE Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 7:18pm
PE Pete View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

This seems awfully familiar.
Tight lines
PE Pete
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote puff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 7:55pm
puff View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yeah waiting for a big bite....😁
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 8:35pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Originally posted by charleswilbourn charleswilbourn wrote:

Hi, It's me, Charles. Fishing is one of the most favorite hobbies for me. I love fishing but I don't know properly about fishing. I have asked someone which is best fishing reel? He told me that the best fishing reel is Abu Garcia fishing reel but I am confused because I don't know which is best. Is that true? Experts help me.

Thank You

How is the fishing in Bangladesh Charles...What types of fish do you target?
That would help with people giving advice.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 9:39am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Pretty sure the guy is USA based, most poberly Ca. going from his blogs
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 9:47am
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Originally posted by Steps Steps wrote:

Pretty sure the guy is USA based, most poberly Ca. going from his blogs

...Dhaka, Bangaladesh
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 11:04am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Identity theft?
https://www.quora.com/profile/Charles-B-Wilbourn

Note the latest entry...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 1:11pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

"What are the best fishing reels? Why?
Charles B. Wilbourn
Charles B. Wilbourn, former Digital Marketer
Originally Answered: What is the best fishing reel?

The best fishing reel is Shimano Stradic CI4+ 2500. *This updated version of the popular Stradic CI4 is additional advanced and considerably lighter than the first. The 2500 model we have a tendency to tested came in at simply half-dozen.7 ounces. Shimano shaved the load by employing a Magnumlite rotor, that conjointly improves retrieval performance and line lay. The reel packs seven bearings, creating for AN unbelievably swish retrieve, motor-assisted by a knob material that feels nice. The Stradic CI4+ had the foremost responsive drag of any reel we have a tendency to tested, and aesthetics and technology were spot on. Bottom line: If you’re when the most effective new spinning reel for 2017, this is it."

Interesting...

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote puff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 5:05pm
puff View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

No egg beater, can ever be the best reel.... just sayin
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 6:39pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Hehe just a Bangladeshi spammer using someone else identity to try and gain a little credibility. Gone.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street