bbq recommendations

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: bbq recommendations
    Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 12:44pm
Fizz View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Time to lay the old girl to rest- I see a lot of people using the webers these days but im unsure as we usually have 8-10 people(mostly hungry kids) so the ability to cook lots of sausages quickly is the top priority. 
any suggestions? 

Boat Name- Solace
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote straks007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 1:06pm
straks007 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Good question as I've been thinking about the same thing.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 3:00pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Buggar the sausages~~give 'em steakLOL

I have a Weber Fizz & I swear by it ^^

The Q2200 would cook a fair amount at a time, might be worth a look.
If you do get one, make sure it's the higher hood one ( has thermometer built in) so you can cook the most succulent pork roasts 
Big smileBig smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dagwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 6:41pm
Dagwood View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 7:11pm
Fizz View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Cool cheers all- and bugger feeding the trolls steak! That's for me
Boat Name- Solace
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 9:42pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I still like our 4 burner hooded BBQ for quick cook up entertaining.
 When ours was up for replacement a few yrs back, started chopping around...and found a few things I dis not like.
1/ The depth of the new hot plates/ grill where less.
2/ the stainless burners did not create even heating all the way from front to back.. no flame holes closer to the front , big cold area.

Combine that with one and cooking area suddenly was going to be significantly reduced.

3/ The venting with hood down, had far too much hot air loose.. this then require higher heat settings  and combine with 1 and 2 excessive heat to areas of the plates

So We brought a hooded unit that the old cast burners and the heavier cast hot plates fitting in.
put 2 hot plates in and a small grill area in the middle.. must have this otherwise not enough air flows to have the burns burn well.. no air no flame..
 Placed/ screwed a Aluminium angle iron along top edge, under the hood to restrict heat loss, enabling lower plate temps but maintain  and control far better, temps under the hood with far less gas... and faster heat recovery if lid has been lifted.
 This gave are better band consistent results turning a leg or a few chickens on the rotassory.
 Also these basic mods, espec the air flow, gave far better and consistent Used a separate cabinet smoker for all smoking  for a few yrs now.. far better results, and ease of use , and far greater variety, and volumes.

The modern thin.. usually cast stainless (???) are far inferior to cook on.. and if cheap enough buckle under even mild to hot temps..

Just a few things to watch out for.