Another "Epic" day from the Bay - 60cm Snaps

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote nzfishwhisperer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another "Epic" day from the Bay - 60cm Snaps
    Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 9:31am
nzfishwhisperer View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

An "EPIC" late arvo surfcasting the Bay (Tuesday night)...

Last night with the high tide around dark I decided to head down to one of my high tide spot X's - I left home around 5.00 so I could get around the rocks, arriving it was flat calm with a light offshore being sheltered from the cliffs. With the high still couple hours away I took my time setting up, I mushed up a few old Pillies and scattered them around - my spot is only around 3mtrs deep and also not a lot of rough... so you can get away with a bit of weight to get a bit more distance.

I started with a 1oz which I stayed with through out the whole time - sometimes when it gets dark I do ditch the sinker and just go floating baits. I got my first bait wet around 5.30, it was looking fishy and the great thing was I was the only one there so it was nice and quiet. My first few baits yield a couple small pannies around 30-35cm which I decided to let go in hope for some nicer fish coming into dark.

It was just that "magic" time of day and even if I got nothing it was well worth it - coming on dark the bites came on more. A couple of the baits got absolutely smashed and my PENN 7500LC sung that perfect tune, I love it when ya just standing there and something big grabs it and before you know it you strike and the rod stays bent. I lost a couple of nice fish where as the bait hit the water, winding the slack the line just goes tight and ya miss ya chance (Love it)...

Once the sun had retired the fish got bigger where every bait I casted was hammed - the old Penn Prevail hasn't had so many bends in it till tonight - even when getting the smaller bites I didn't strike knowing there was always something better there. What an "Epic" evening and after letting a few fish go I had some nice models in the bin with a couple around 60cm...

As the tide dropped the bites faded away and it was time to pack it in and head for home - only being a couple mins away I was back home round 8.30

Just love those solo's - peace - quiet and some solid fish in the bin

Tight lines

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote brmbrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 4:47pm
brmbrm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice work - looks the perfect evening

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Garry 23041 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 7:51am
Garry 23041 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

And most of us were sitting at home....Those solo efforts are special when they pay off.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 9:41am
JK View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Beaut mate Beer
LedgeNZ LBG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote nzfishwhisperer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 5:24pm
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Originally posted by brmbrm brmbrm wrote:

Nice work - looks the perfect evening

Cheers brmbrm - yes was a great evening alright and a few fish topped a great arvo off on the bricks...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote nzfishwhisperer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 5:26pm
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Originally posted by Garry 23041 Garry 23041 wrote:

And most of us were sitting at home....Those solo efforts are special when they pay off.
Yip love solo's nice and quiet and even better when ya catch a few fish Smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote nzfishwhisperer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 5:26pm
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Originally posted by JK JK wrote:

Beaut mate Beer
Cheers JK Smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spin king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 8:29pm
spin king View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Liked and subscribed much respect for putting the first few back!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote nzfishwhisperer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 6:16pm
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Originally posted by spin king spin king wrote:

Liked and subscribed much respect for putting the first few back!
Cheers s k - try to do my bit Smile