Marine speaker advice

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dunwurkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Marine speaker advice
    Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 7:51pm
Dunwurkn View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

After some advise on which marine speakers to buy.

Currently looking at 4 speaker set up running from head deck with 50 watt per channel.

I don't want to run a amp so they will be powered by the head deck.

Narrowed down to the following:

Fusion 6" 150w or
Fusion 6" 200w

The 200w are nearly double the price of the 150w.

Is there any benefit if getting the 200w speakers or I wouldn't notice the difference given only 50w per channel from the stereo?

Thanks
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Betty Boop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 9:29pm
Betty Boop View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

My head deck is 50watts and I run Fusion 6inch 150watts in the cockpit and cabin and they're ****n excellent..
Last week I joined an Anti-Social support group........They won't talk to me!

Papamoa
fi-Glass Viscount
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Titahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 9:58pm
Titahi View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Go the 200w you can turn the volume down....... but with the 150w you cant turn it up!!!
The 200W also have a lower freq range= more bass.

I have a pair of 200W and a pair of tower 150W run directly off a Fusion head unit, the 200W give a much better sound
"I love standing by the ocean and just knowing what its for"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote macka2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 11:30pm
macka2012 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Running the fusion 7 inch ones straight from the fusion had unit with no amp. They go hard and decent bass. I made some boxes for them to sit in the cuddy cabin facing back. They go louder than my engine at full revs :-)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bay Marine Electronics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 8:43am
Bay Marine Electronics View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

The difference may be the warranty period as well - although Fusion are in the process of standardising their warranty across their range. so check the box.
0800 BAY MARINE www.baymarineelectronics.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Gappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 10:36am
Gappy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Yea the 7 inch is way better than the 6's have found
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Dunwurkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 7:35pm
Dunwurkn View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Thanks for the feedback, sounds like they all go pretty good however the biggest I can fit will give the best performance,

The 7" are two big unless I can figure out a way to box and mount them as opposed to flush mount.

Cheers