500lb blue on light gage

Post Options Post Options   Likes (11) Likes(11)   Quote segador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 500lb blue on light gage
    Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 3:46pm
segador View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Back over in kona for another trip

this time i was lucky enough to have bonze driving our boat and super angler mark doing the winding which gives me a chance to do my favourite part of marlin fishing hanging off the leader,first up we had a nice 200lb blue on the ballistic on long corner

we were stoked to get the first one under our belts pressure was off now,next up we had a fish eat the violator on short corner at a spot called hokena which is very close to land always blows my mind how close some of our passes are,the fish went deep at first then showed herself tearing the perfectly calm blue water to pieces what a site we all knew it was a good one she then went deep again

so we put some drag on her around 14kg not bad for those little hooks we then started to get some line back up came the dacron loop then we could see some colour a lot of colour then i had my first shot at the leader,after getting a few wraps she came to the boat nice and peaceful

i grabbed the bill then we got a good look at her was a easy 500lb,bonze was so stoked to get a fish like that on those hooks and in only 25 mins the team were pumped to say the least the cors light(yank beer) were flowing for the rest of the day

new day a new spot called the grounds we turned up to acres of bait and birds things looked promising,after about an hour we had a small blue have a look at the undertaker on short rigger but then faded off,few more passes later we then raised another little blue on the ballistic on long corner he knocked it out of the rigger but didn't get hooked he then faded back and smashed the btk on long rigger which brought the tiagra to life,after about 15 minutes we had a 150lb blue marlin boatside happy days 

we quickly put the gear back in and shortly were hooked up to another blue marlin on the btk this fish went absolutely crazy and managed to throw the hook bugger we wanted to stay longer but had to get back and sort the boat as it was our last day,kona is an amazing fishery with it never getting over 15 knots all trip,we can't wait to get back 
 we ended up going 5-4-3 for the trip all fish caught on bonze lures and lightgage hooks over there we have been running a chocolate thunder on one side and a tuna mudflap dredge on the other which is raising them nicely

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fsholc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 5:33pm
fsholc View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

boat looks sick bro and nice fishing
www.yeehaa.co.nz
www.justanotherfisherman.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 8:08pm
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Liked that.
Gets the blood pumping. 
Great fishing.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 9:43pm
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Great work guysThumbs Up
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Plonker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 8:04am
Plonker View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Good stuff Troy

Boat looks great
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jakepitsville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 1:12pm
jakepitsville View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Awesome work Troy
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote FlawOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 2:01pm
FlawOne View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

That is awesome work Team Carnie! 
So pleased that the Kona dreams of blue are all coming true! 
Inner City Slayers.