PINETREE

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote salty69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PINETREE
    Posted: 20 Aug 2017 at 1:16pm
salty69 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

RIP the great New Zealander.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SaltyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2017 at 1:17pm
SaltyC View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

nooooooo, a mighty tree has fallen!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2017 at 2:26pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

RIP Mighty Legend!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2017 at 2:31pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Sadly we have lost a true legend.
When you cry, feel pain or sadness, no one notices your sorrow .... BUT
fart just ONE time !!!!!!!!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2017 at 9:55pm
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

RIP Pinetree, great player and a gentleman to boot
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 5:17pm
feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

A huge loss to our local community, a man of the people, at our local watering hole anyone was welcome at his table, I'm proud to say that I enjoyed the ales us locals had with him.

He raised huge amounts of money for the local branch of the IHC,
all of the money from the Nissan TV ad's went to buying 10 acres and a house, for our local branch so that the less fortunate had a good safe environment to live.

He lent his name to a multiple of good causes and never took a cent for himself, he will be missed.

Cheers 
The only bar to frequent is the Kawhia Bar
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 1:26pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Australian columnist, player  and author Peter Fitz Simons wrote :-  

Remembering 'Pinetree' Meads

Vale Sir Colin Meads. Touted as "New Zealand's Donald Bradman", their greatest ever All Black passed away on Sunday at the age of 81.

A lock-forward, with extraordinary size, speed and strength, not to mention hands like huge shovels, that turned into fists of steel, "Pinetree"

Meads played 55 Tests for the ABs from 1957 to 1971 and no fewer than 133 games.

I came to know him well over the years and was privileged to once, I kid you not, share a dressing room with him and his great teammate

Sir Brian Lochore, before we competed in a shear-off at the NZ Shearing Championships. (They won.) Over the years, I have also heard

most of the stories, but none better than the one printed on Wednesday, in the Hawkes Bay segment of the New Zealand Heraldwhich told

the story of a 1969 rugby game between Mead's King Country side and the local Hawkes Bay Magpies for the beloved Ranfurly Shield.

In the middle of a fierce and tightly contested game, a Hawkes Bay prop, Brian Thimbleby, observing some blood around Mead's chops,

turns to the referee and says "I reckon you had better count the players, I think Meads might have scoffed one of them."

When you cry, feel pain or sadness, no one notices your sorrow .... BUT
fart just ONE time !!!!!!!!!!!