WTB stick bait- old cheap

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote qsilver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WTB stick bait- old cheap
    Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 2:19pm
qsilver View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Anyone have any old stick baits that they dont use + reckon would still catch some fish and are prepared to sell 

or can anyone suggest any good cheap stickbaits/ brands they reckon are good value with a good action

looking to take to the islands and are most likely going to leave them behind with the locals so not really after any high $$$ ones

pretty much the last thing on my shopping list now!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 8:05pm
The Tamure Kid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I asked on the forum about these on Marine Deals and they weren't written off as rubbish - so i bought a few. Haven't swum then yet. They used to be brought in by Fishwisperer on the forum.
They have VMC hooks.
The yellowfin tuna colour looks fantastic in person. There's a video of Fishwisperer's son catching a kingie on the Dorado colour up north.
Doubt you'd find cheaper new ones.
https://www.marine-deals.co.nz/hard-body-lures/braid-gt-swash-stick-bait-lure-105g

Sebile is not a popular brand here, but is quite big overseas.
These might be worth a try up in the islands. 
https://www.marine-deals.co.nz/hard-body-lures/sebile-flatt-shad-vibrating-crankbait-lures

Capt Asparagus on the forum reckons the River2Sea Doggies are great up there.

You'll have to post a trip report when you're back. Looks like you're going to have a real crack.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FarmerBrowne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 10:34pm
FarmerBrowne View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

according to my mate with a charter boat over in Aitutaki, these lures work well and at $22.00 per lure it don't hurt too much when a fish takes them into the reef.

If you can get the pink ones they are his preferred colour

Check the rings and hooks and be prepared to upgrade them if they are not going to go the distance

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote qsilver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 7:54am
qsilver View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

thanks y'all, im there for 12 days so hopefully plenty of fishing time, in the past i ahve had great fun on bluefin trevaly cathing numerous. To be fair anything you through out was taken including soft baits, Most of our blue fin trevaly were on the large berkly pink soft baits .

keep the suggestions coming 
cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 12:25pm
Titanium
Titanium

Where are you heading to?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote qsilver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 1:14pm
qsilver View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

raro september
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 4:02pm
Titanium
Titanium

Go well. I think there's a YouTube clip of a guy catching a big GT off the shore there, nearly went water skiing without a ski!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote qsilver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 5:46pm
qsilver View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

yea seen that one. i think those gts are viewed as pets though and is frowned upon, but ill chuck some wood off the breakwater and around avana passage 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote OuttaHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 6:17pm
OuttaHere View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

My understanding was that the ones by Captain Moko's at the end of Muri are ok to catch and release, don't be surprised if you get completely smoked though as they're huge and there's a few moorings and stuff around, as well as some rock structure if they get enough line off you. It would probably pay to check with someone local though.

The Avarua harbour ones are more pets, charter we went on said they had issues with braid getting tangled in moorings and boats due to people getting smoked by the big suckers.