Am reconsidering ...........

Page  <1234 5>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Barrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 7:07pm
Barrie View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I think people need to not just listen to what is being promised but to also listen to how they are funding all these things. Increase taxes seems to be the main thing but all that dose is that any increase in taxes means an increase in the costs which hurts the person that cant afford it.
Reel Deel, I guess some people need to hate, Im just pleased that you hate cats and the whole NZ system, which communist country are you looking at shifting to?
Almost every thing we do in our lifes revolves around capitalism and the only way is to become communist. !2 months ago I was in Vietnam, a communist country, and I can tell you that they are a very poor country that if you dont work (often 7 day a week) then you dont eat. If you dont eat you starve but at least they are not a capitalist country.
Think very carefully before wishing for something that you may not want in reallity
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mike_e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 10:28pm
mike_e View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I lived in a communist country for 7 months in the 90's. Trust me you dont want to go down that path, Everyone was equal alright but some were more equal than others.

If you can go home and pull a $100 bill out , and flush it down the toilet, and if that doesn't bother you, then go ahead and buy a boat
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 6:17am
Barrie View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by mike_e mike_e wrote:

I lived in a communist country for 7 months in the 90's. Trust me you dont want to go down that path, Everyone was equal alright but some were more equal than others.

Interesting as well that there was not one beggar but homeless was a lot more than here. Unlike here the beggars dont get a government hand out so they have to do something to earn their food, mainly hawking goods or doing work of some description.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 8:24am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

This election, MPI and fish isa and will not be an issue..unfortunately
Dose everyone have sort memories or something
Why was it more odf an issue last time?
Because of an unauthorised pre election caucus announcement about rec fishing limits under consideration.
Or in simple term the national PR term screwed up.
And when it came to the crunch, unlike our counter parts across the ditch, we remain keyboard warriors and could not get off our butts.
 Now throw in an extremely well put together non confrontational non political PR program of advertising and docos....
 We had all the advantage last election.. this election its close to a dead dog issue.

Unfortunately.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 8:44am
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Steps Steps wrote:

This election, MPI and fish isa and will not be an issue..unfortunately
Dose everyone have sort memories or something
Why was it more odf an issue last time?
Because of an unauthorised pre election caucus announcement about rec fishing limits under consideration.
Or in simple term the national PR term screwed up.
And when it came to the crunch, unlike our counter parts across the ditch, we remain keyboard warriors and could not get off our butts.
 Now throw in an extremely well put together non confrontational non political PR program of advertising and docos....
 We had all the advantage last election.. this election its close to a dead dog issue.

Yes, but they sorted it all by announcing recreational only fishing reserves in the Hauraki Gulf and Marlborough Sounds -that appeased the fishing vote.  Another election promise rapidly forgotten once back in power.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 5:10pm
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

just because you don't want a system angled at making the few mega wealthy to hell with the rest. Doesn't make some one a commy I thought that tactic was the domain of old school American propaganda. Using the word Environment doesn't make you a greenie. News flash money isn't more important than the environment.

America is one of the biggest capitalist and in debt countries in the world.  At the risk of stereo typing each time I go there Im revolted.
Im happy to pay tax on my houses if it means our rivers are clean, forests are left alone, pests controlled, marine environment encouraged to replenish, and for every decision the environment is one of the biggest considerations. Money one of the last factors. 
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 6:47pm
Joker View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by bazza bazza wrote:

When the politicians look down all they see is smiling faces

When the voters look up all they see are arseholes.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 9:51am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

just because you don't want a system angled at making the few mega wealthy to hell with the rest. Doesn't make some one a commy I thought that tactic was the domain of old school American propaganda. Using the word Environment doesn't make you a greenie.

Well said.. amazing it has to be considering its basic commonsence

Rem the Reds under the beds Muldoon of the 70s.
YET with wage / price and a lot of other developmental legislation made him by far the most left wing commie government in NZ history

Name calling doesnt make a case.
Just means the person who has to resort to has run out of intelligence.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Barrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 11:33am
Barrie View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Name calling doesnt make a case.
Just means the person who has to resort to has run out of intelligence.

and cant be bothered arguing.
Money makes our world (NZ) work
Charging more in taxes hurts the guy at the bottom as they are the ones that end up paying. More taxes equate to less people being able to afford a home, more people living in cars, higher prices.

I am yet to make up my mind who I will vote for but who ever it is will have to show where the money for their promises is coming from. An interesting side to this is that when taxes go down at the middle and top end, the tax take goes up.

I dont want to see natural NZ destroyed but I also dont want to see the people that struggle to get by having to pay extra for their essentials as one thing is certain, the people at the top WILL increase their prices so that they will be able to maintain their lifestyles.

My references to having a no money system was simply to compare to a communist country where money is far less important but the very people that the system is aimed at helping are the very people that suffer the most. Because they are suffering the country suffers and the country side is raped and destroyed.

As stated earlier, be very careful what you want and the effects it will probably have in the future
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote SaltyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 11:45am
SaltyC View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I can tell you what I won't be voting for.

A petrol tax and a tax on water for all commercial users. Both hit those with the least money hardest, anyone who says they won't be passed on in price rises is fooling themselves.

I cannot believe the first two policies released under Adern are both tax and spend ones!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 12:14pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I also dont know where my votes are going yet.
 A thought...
 Our currant economy growth is not dependant on on real growth but upon the extra demand generated by population growth.. primary immigration.. sort of a catch 22. also loads up infrastructure to support.
The result is more is produced for more mouths with more working hrs ...
Therefore the general result of this economic companies need to charge more for each item to maintain company 'growth' to achieve fical targets.
End of the means the consumers at the bottom have to pay more over all than those at the top, and continued expansions in this manner inherently encroaches upon the resources(environment) around us
In essence our economic is behaving exactly to very old very basic economic theory pattens...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 12:42pm
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Our currant economy growth is not dependant on on real growth but upon the extra demand generated by population growth.. primary immigration.. sort of a catch 22. also loads up infrastructure to support.

Actually our current economic growth doesn't exist.  GDP is increasing, but only because we have more people.  The real measure of growth, GDP per capita, isn't increasing.  The government tell us unemployment is decreasing, but only as a percentage of the workforce due to the increased number of people in the workforce.  There are more people unemployed then there were, so in real numbers unemployment is increasing.  You can prove anything by being selective with which data you choose to use.

Unfortunately you can't keep importing people infinitely, and when immigration drops our economy could be in serious trouble.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote makka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 1:15pm
makka View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by Muppet Muppet wrote:

Well National already said no to rec license(sure I heard that yesterday) and are willing to talk openly about managing future stocks with "stake holders". I guess that is positive for the majority of anglers maybe who like fishing as it is. 

If rec fisho's are not paying for a licence, are they stakeholders?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 2:40pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Actually our current economic growth doesn't exist.
 Thats what I said... same page m8
 You have Stewart as economics lecturer back in the 70s to?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 7:56pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by makka makka wrote:

Originally posted by Muppet Muppet wrote:

Well National already said no to rec license(sure I heard that yesterday) and are willing to talk openly about managing future stocks with "stake holders". I guess that is positive for the majority of anglers maybe who like fishing as it is. 

If rec fisho's are not paying for a licence, are they stakeholders?
MPI are compelled to provide for recreational/customary fisheries first and commercial get whats left.

But as we do not pay directly to fish(licences)are we classed as stakeholders?
comms pay for quota so would be stakeholders?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote letsgetem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 9:56am
letsgetem View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Someone said ...what has National done wrong? Took my breath away, where do I start? Heres one - See in the herald - as previously alluded to - average income per hour has been dropping in real terms. Doesn't surprise me, as National has allowed huge numbers of immigrants, who tend to work for lower income; so NZers are competing with them, no wonder wages have dropped. And National tries to hide it, by crowing about a growing economy.

I want to see NZ First in coalition with Labour - not National who favour company profits before personal income, and have run down health, education and law and order.

And finally, NZ First is the only party that has a fishing policy that's friendly towards recreational (apart from Outdoors which cant possibly achieve anything as it cant get into power).

With the increase in support for Labour, and a decrease for the Greens; its now looking possible.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 10:45am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

And finally, NZ First is the only party that has a fishing policy that's friendly towards recreational (apart from Outdoors which cant possibly achieve anything as it cant get into power).

Is this a policy to pull votes  and/or one thats put in to be able to drop, concede at the negotiation table when a new government is formed? Or a real non negotiable policy at the negotiation table?

Do not we are dealing, regardless of who or what party, pollies that put out whatever PR/ propaganda BS to pull votes...keep their salaries.
 In the past minor parties have held their stance on non negotiable policies...the Bradford (right or wrong) smacking legislation being one example.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Barrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 12:14pm
Barrie View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

people really need to look at how each party is financing their policy. So far Labour is putting taxes up and the end user will be the person paying (water tax)
Auckland to have an extra road tax so that we can get rail to the airport, my prices will rise to cover the extra costs of fuel.

Winston, possibly the worst at throwing toys out of the cot, wants to put a big halt on immigration which is the driving force of our employment and general business. I repeat, do you honestly think we would have a stable government.

Greens are in total disarray and want to stop the main thing that brings money into the country and if you break it down to a house hold thing, what would happen to you if your home had no income?

National need some fresh ideas to keep things going but in general most things are on the improve other than affordable housing. Yes wages have not totally kept up but in the forums I see often people wanting to buy this and that from overseas and complaining about the cost of things here.

An interesting observation though is by looking at things 40 years ago. My wages were not good so a cleaning job kept me going. I ment less time with my young family but also helped set me and my family up for the future. I didnt have a cell phone (they didnt exist) so didnt feel the need to change it every year for an expensive one when a cheap one would do. We saved you for a night out and had takeaways once every 2 weeks. We made things rather than buy cakes and biscuts at the supermarket. We had 1 TV and 3 channels. We had second hand cars.

Yea, I guess people are right, its all the governments fault
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 1:46pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

"Barrie" do we need a rail to airport?think not as Sydney has it and is a flop.That rules out Labour. changed leader like last time.Panic
Kiwi rail are going back to diesel trains as electric is not cost efficient. rules out Grenies and some of there policies + in disarray.
NZF only real issue is immigration.
The other parties ,maori,peter dunne??
So really only leaves National with any form of stability,what have they done so wrong??cannot blame any government for the house prices,investors determined enough to buy will pay over inflated prices anywhere,thats the risk of investing,shares,buildings house etc
Only thing that a government can really do is limit the amount of overseas investment in housing. ie  must build new houses not able to buy existing or must be a resident for tax purposes.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 2:13pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

No we dont need a rail link to the airport. We already have airport buses running from CBD,down Dominion and also Mt Eden Roads on a regular basis. And they are often almost empty. Why would rail be any different.
How would people get to the stations. Drive.? and where would they park. ?
People will keep driving to the airport.
Have Labour Politicians even considered or bothered to look at how under utilized our existing airport public transport links are.
Page  <1234 5>