Am reconsidering ...........

Page  123 5>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Am reconsidering ...........
    Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 7:43pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Am reconsidering my vote in light of recent shock developments !!!

If there was a declaration that restructuring the present farcical situation re our fisheries was to be given priority, then that would clinch it for me !

Wonder how many feel likewise & if so how do we get the message across with so little ( no pun intended ) time left to do so ?? 
When you cry, feel pain or sadness, no one notices your sorrow .... BUT
fart just ONE time !!!!!!!!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 8:28pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Well National already said no to rec license(sure I heard that yesterday) and are willing to talk openly about managing future stocks with "stake holders". I guess that is positive for the majority of anglers maybe who like fishing as it is. 

I think bazza the vast majority have fishing far down the list of priorities of reasons to vote for certain parties and fishing won't sway my vote. 

I don't see today as a shock event the only shock being it took so long.  
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 10:48pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I've asked before, but who should we vote for based on fisheries? I'm happy to place my vote based on this issue alone. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 10:57pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Originally posted by MightyBoosh MightyBoosh wrote:

I've asked before, but who should we vote for based on fisheries? I'm happy to place my vote based on this issue alone. 

http://www.fishing.net.nz/forum/the-new-zealand-outdoors-party_topic124525.html

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 11:09pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I joined, happy to vote for them if that is an option.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2017 at 6:44am
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Post Options Post Options   Likes (3) Likes(3)   Quote SaltyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2017 at 6:51am
SaltyC View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I am at a loss to understand how changing the leadership alone would cause someone to consider a vote change? They have not announced any change to policy so you would still be voting for the same policies from the same party.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2017 at 8:32am
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Originally posted by SaltyC SaltyC wrote:

I am at a loss to understand how changing the leadership alone would cause someone to consider a vote change? They have not announced any change to policy so you would still be voting for the same policies from the same party.

If you are referring to my comments  the word "reconsidered" should be noted, as hitherto as so often happens with elections, I felt the viable options all fell well short of being inspirational.

At least we now have ( imo ) a breath of fresh air to consider & yes you are correct in saying the status quo regards doubtful policies may still apply ..... but then again maybe not .... hence the reason for reconsideration.

In any event have more important things to think about, such as we are off to Hawaii in a few hours & have a charter booked out of Kauai on Sunday. Plus no matter how much of a shambles our election may become I guess we should be grateful it will be nowhere as shambolic as the Trump fiasco !!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SaltyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2017 at 9:23am
SaltyC View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Sorry Bazza, didn't mean to pick you out, should have couched my comment a bit better.

It was just that I had that discussion with a couple of people yesterday, who said exactly that, they were reconsidering solely on the change of leadership, with no policy changes as yet. Just couldn't get my head around it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2017 at 9:45am
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by SaltyC SaltyC wrote:

But that assumes that people are making carefully considered decisions based on the policies of the parties.  We are increasingly seeing people voting for "personalities" rather than policies.  Happening all over the world.  Happened here to a degree with John Key, no matter how much he lied or did dumb things people kept voting for him because he "seems like a nice guy".  Bill English might have the experience, but he seems totally devoid of personality.  Will certainly be interesting to see how the campaign goes.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2017 at 9:48am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

willing to talk openly about managing future stocks with "stake holders".

Just what does that mean?
 On the face of it, that simply we wil be doing what we have been doing for the last few decades.
 OR  Simply election yr meaningless vote catching , we are good guys propaganda.

Now If a statement was put out along the lines of
"Commercial interests are prepared to move out of the gulf IF recs , like all other, interested parties, are prepared to log their catches. It follows that by omission commercial interests now have little interest in inner gulf fish, and WILL BE moving them out by (a given date) regardless of any science.

Anything short of that is just election yr propaganda that never happens...again.

And yes statements like that have been made in other areas over the the yrs by pollies who have the balls.
 EG elections in Nov, troops home 'Nam by Christmas
Muldoon's super bribe.
The anti nuke/ nuke free.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote edge01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 9:05pm
edge01 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I wont be voting for labour. same policies under a different leader = no change.

Think im going to give my vote to winnie this time around. He seems to be the only one with any balls and brains there at the moment.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 9:33pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by edge01 edge01 wrote:

Think im going to give my vote to winnie this time around. He seems to be the only one with any balls and brains there at the moment.

In terms of mainstream parties, I'm heading that way too.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote puff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 10:24pm
puff View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

They're all effluent why bother
Same stuff different day
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Barrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2017 at 7:16am
Barrie View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by MightyBoosh MightyBoosh wrote:

Originally posted by edge01 edge01 wrote:

In terms of mainstream parties, I'm heading that way too.

Do you honestly think NZ would have a stable government with him holding the balance of power?
Gesh, I think I would vote greens first (Nar could never do that to me fellow country men (opps people)

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2017 at 11:09am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Dont vote.. protest type or simply..'all idiots'  thats how we end up with ppl like trump. putin.. hell even hitlers 1st win was voted... and little stood up to intimidation.
Old saying " the people deserve the government it gets"
 rather a wide statement, but covers all.
Dictators where apathy has reined, protest votes where the worst of the idiots gets in.

Why do we get right of center governments here? cause the people want it?
Was Muldoon government really right wing?  with wage and price freeze/ exchange rate controls?
 look at policy not the colour of the flag...

Hell no....because those who protest, complain , the lower incomes, the blue collar, dont bloody vote...

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2017 at 3:27pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Barrie Barrie wrote:

Do you honestly think NZ would have a stable government with him holding the balance of power?

Probably not, but I'm voting on one issue this time. Has any other mainstream party suggested anything of interest to recreational fishos?

http://www.nzfirst.org.nz/primary_industries
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2017 at 4:11pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

STEPS "Hell no....because those who protest, complain , the lower incomes, the blue collar, dont bloody vote..."
 They do vote and just because Labours down in the polls does not mean the "blue collar"dont vote,the Labour party (workers party) lost its way before Helen Clark took over the leadership,they never tried to rebuild unions and thats where their support came from and you being once involved with unions would realize that!

National have merely carried on doing what they do why???no in house fighting
Labour has to have the greens to cross the threshold as where National could govern alone.
Which party gets my vote?recreational fishing policy NZF maybe, but which ever party can maintain steady growth financially without the old horrendous interest rates,social housing major issue,immigration is a concern but kiwis to lazy to do a fair days work for a fair days pay.                       NZ is at the bottom of the world and our markets are costly to get to so our exports need to be the right price(I know we subsidize them indirectly)
Now begs the question who to vote for? National and yes i am a blue collar worker,what have they actually done wrong in the way the have governed NZ? sure we do not agree with the minister for MPI but regardless which party is in power the same people still running the department and feeding the minister the same B/S.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 4:37pm
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Ive had dinner with the labour leader and her parents when I lived in Samoa - top lady and good kiwi family, happy to catch them up next time I get the chance. National haha lying thieving capitalists who grow enconimy at the expense of the flora and fauna - including fish stocks....enough of that generation money is everything fold. Time for thinkers.

I'm giving Gareth a nudge. Met him too years ago and he came across as real driven and a good chip on his shoulder where he just wants to help the country wildlife and the people around him. Corporate savvy and wont be lead by the nose so easily like the others when threatened with donation withholding by the big multi nationals and their industries. 

That and I HATE cats :-)

The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (3) Likes(3)   Quote Coutta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 5:22pm
Coutta View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

A wise man once said "never get into arguments about  religion or politics."  This thread is a good example as to why that statement was made.
Having said that, any prick who wants to put a tax on a home I've worked bloody hard to get and keep will be waiting a bloody long time to get my vote.
Page  123 5>