Am reconsidering ...........

Page  <1 2345>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SaltyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 8:24pm
SaltyC View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by kitno kitno wrote:

Maybe Winston might be the man to sort this out.

After you guys booted him out?? Oh I think he has a long memory for acts like that, probably remove every lightbulb in the place!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (5) Likes(5)   Quote corosanta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 10:12am
corosanta View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

While the light bulb at Pahoia is a Local Government problem, I'm sure Central Govt. would love to take on the responsibility.
The Greens would replace said bulb with a garden solar light donated one of their candidates.
Labour would first have to produce a paper ensuring that the bulb would be in the best interests of all members.
National would happily replace it but only when we go into surplus which is going to be around 2025.
ACT and United Future would first like to know where Pahoia is.
The Maori Party would possibly get funding from the Waitangi Tribunal.
NZ First would replace the bulb immediately simply by pinching the one from Sulphur Point.

Sitndrinkntalknbullman
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 10:59am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 6:38pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I'm very disappointed in Act and United Future. Pahoia is a few k's north of the Whaka shops. Very good takeaways and lotto outlet. Also home to the Pahoia Tigers ripper rugby champions.
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cosmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 1:28pm
cosmo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by SaltyC SaltyC wrote:

I can tell you what I won't be voting for.

A petrol tax and a tax on water for all commercial users. Both hit those with the least money hardest, anyone who says they won't be passed on in price rises is fooling themselves.

I cannot believe the first two policies released under Adern are both tax and spend ones!

why could you not believe it its labour policy from way back,Tax the hell out of everything and then give a little back at the bottom and wonder why the top tax falls away and the people in the middle complain
i just want to go fishing..........amd ignore all my adult problems
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cosmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 1:36pm
cosmo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Come on now Steve, when the first policy announced by the new labour leader is a tax increase for aucklanders only, you have to expect some discussion.

yes but its a tax that would be spread over the whole country as the freight companies will build it in to their pricing wont they be too hard otherwise and so yet again the person in invercargill is in effect paying for aucklands mtrway.
i just want to go fishing..........amd ignore all my adult problems
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 3:02pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Originally posted by cosmo cosmo wrote:

Come on now Steve, when the first policy announced by the new labour leader is a tax increase for aucklanders only, you have to expect some discussion.

yes but its a tax that would be spread over the whole country as the freight companies will build it in to their pricing wont they be too hard otherwise and so yet again the person in invercargill is in effect paying for aucklands mtrway.

I think most would agree that in general the roads in the South Island are far superior than those in the North, despite the SI roads having much less traffic.

Have not heard of any "Mainlander" complaining about the enormous tax contributions made towards their construction by we "Jaffas". 
When you cry, feel pain or sadness, no one notices your sorrow .... BUT
fart just ONE time !!!!!!!!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 5:05pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I don't know if this has been posted elsewhere, but I think it's very useful. Well done LegaSea! Look at their website for more detail.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 5:52pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Funny how Labour havent jumped onboard considering who Jacinta Arden boyfriend is??

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 6:53pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

A quick update on the Pahoia boat ramp light bulb debacle.
I was denied funding from NZ on air for a TV campaign so I thought I'd ring the local council instead.
Q, could you please replace the bulb at Pahoia ramp?
A, Sorry sir, but that light has been decommissioned.
Q, Why?
A, The freedom campers complained that it was hard to get asleep with a bright light on.
Q, Ahhh ffs
A, There's a sensor light on the toilet block. If you walk up to it, it will come on and the light should reach the ramp.
Q, If I've found the toilet block, I've obviously already found the @#$% ramp you half wit!!!
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 9:16pm
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

That is really disappointing re labour and TOPS. National is obvious being money focused to hell with the environment.
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Denny Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 8:36am
Denny Boy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

[QUOTE=Reel Deal] I've had dinner with the labour leader and her parents when I lived in Samoa - top lady and good kiwi family, happy to catch them up next time I get the chance. National ha ha lying thieving capitalists who grow economy at the expense of the flora and fauna - including fish stocks....enough of that generation money is everything fold. Time for thinkers.

Exactly-there's definitely a move afoot from this National government to now look away from the environment to keep it pristine, altering the script in Parks and Reserves Act to allow intrusion by greedy companies e.g. gold/coal mining in untouched forests, sand mining in Taranaki waters when to me they wouldn't have anywhere near the needed information as to the consequences and all of this by overseas interests! There's a reason why a lot of our rivers aren't swimable any more. And the main one to me is the diluting of the Resource Management Act to suit anything that they want. This is dangerous territory! This goes hand in hand with increasing population....do we really want 70,000 more people in NZ each year? Where do they go, where do they live? This government has shown they only want the money and have done very little to improve the infrastructure to cope with this influx. Winnie's policy on immigration suits me!!!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote letsgetem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 9:28am
letsgetem View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Its become clear that NZ First is the only significant party (ie excluding Outdoors), that has a policy that's gives priority to recreational fishing before commercial fishing. Plus, they are definite on "drastically reducing immigration", compared to National that doesn't want to reduce it at all, and labour that tries to sit on the fence (immigration "needs to be reduced").
What would be a nightmare, is the possibility of a Labour/Greens/Maori government. The mind boggles - hordes of unemployed lying around smoking pot or P, huge areas of sea off-limits to recreational fishing, maori telling everyone else to stay out of the their "reserves".

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote v8-coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 12:17pm
v8-coupe View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Denny Boy Denny Boy wrote:

[QUOTE=Reel Deal]
I've had dinner with the labour leader and her parents when I lived in Samoa - top lady and good kiwi family, happy to catch them up next time I get the chance. National ha ha lying thieving capitalists who grow economy at the expense of the flora and fauna - including fish stocks....enough of that generation money is everything fold. Time for thinkers.

Exactly-there's definitely a move afoot from this National government to now look away from the environment to keep it pristine, altering the script in Parks and Reserves Act to allow intrusion by greedy companies e.g. gold/coal mining in untouched forests, sand mining in Taranaki waters when to me they wouldn't have anywhere near the needed information as to the consequences and all of this by overseas interests! There's a reason why a lot of our rivers aren't swimable any more. And the main one to me is the diluting of the Resource Management Act to suit anything that they want. This is dangerous territory! This goes hand in hand with increasing population....do we really want 70,000 more people in NZ each year? Where do they go, where do they live? This government has shown they only want the money and have done very little to improve the infrastructure to cope with this influx. Winnie's policy on immigration suits me!!!

They have now said it could me many more as their previous way of measuring immigration has proven to be flawed.
Also do not forget, that 70 odd k of immigrants are all necessary, as they are skilled and filling our qualification shortages. Yeah right!
No way is immigration being used to prop up an ailing economy with hot imported money creating non productive demand (tongue in cheek).
Legasea Legend Member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 12:26pm
Barrie View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

They have now said it could me many more as their previous way of measuring immigration has proven to be flawed.
Also do not forget, that 70 odd k of immigrants are all necessary, as they are skilled and filling our qualification shortages. Yeah right!
No way is immigration being used to prop up an ailing economy with hot imported money creating non productive demand (tongue in cheek).
[/QUOTE]
NZ needs 56,000 more people in the building industry to cope with demand. The demand is forcing prices up and only those with money find it easy to buy therefore increasing homeless and making it harder for the young to buy their first home.
Labors answer?
Limit immigration to 5000.
Makes sence. Forces house prices up and sell more carboard boxes for those homeless. Man Im pleased we are likely to get a real right wing hard line government like labor

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 1:46pm
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

So, we need to bring in thousands more immigrants to build houses to keep up with the demand for housing caused by all the immigrants that are coming in.  Something doesn't quite make sense there.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Clifftastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 1:58pm
Clifftastic View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Not to mention Kevin that to build 10,000 houses in a year means that it will take 5.6 people a whole year to build a house....talk about lazy!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 2:01pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Clifftastic Clifftastic wrote:

Not to mention Kevin that to build 10,000 houses in a year means that it will take 5.6 people a whole year to build a house....talk about lazy!

Does the rest of the building industry close down so we can all build cheap houses? Don't think so.
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 2:24pm
Barrie View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Makes me smile when people try to make things so simple. Looks like the days of Bill Rowling where if he can write it down then it must work.

The reason that prices in housing are through the roof is because supply is far short of demand. Wages and prices go up because they are needed. Catch up with supply and demand slows so in order to sell, you have to be competitive. We do have too many people coming into our country skilled in the wrong areas, we still need people coming into the country with the skills we need.
56,000 builders could build about 50,000 new homes in the "Universal" or group housing type of home every year. Not the flash houses, just the simple home that most of those in the 50 year old plus bracket bought when they first bought a home.
Labour wants to only allow 5000 people in, that will in no way keep up with the shortages and back log yet alone the homeless

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 2:36pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

No matter how much this government ,or the next government,or the councils want more housing they have little control over it.
Banks have the final say and right now lending has tightened considerably. Reason new builds have slowed. And for potential builders who have the cash,they are not likely to build into what many perceive as a flat or falling market.
So only option is to borrow from overseas and add to our already crippling debt. And debt is the most significant problem we face.
We want it all without the pain. In todays world there is the inability to distinguish between money borrowed and money earned. The former is illusion,the latter real.

The words of the author and poet T.S Eliot sum debt up.

" Debt drives speculation that deludes us into thinking we can defer the obligations incurred in time past and time present forever into time future.
So we live irresponsibly in time present making promises we can never keep.
What might have been real solutions to our problems is a mere distraction as leaders betray the future by committing grevious sins against the living,the dead and the unborn. Debt is the single most important symptom of the moral ,intellectual and spiritual collapse around us"

"Footfalls echo in the memory
down the passage which we did not take
towards the door we never opened
into the rose garden."
Page  <1 2345>