dredge plastic strips

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Saltiga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: dredge plastic strips
    Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 2:09pm
Saltiga View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Anyone know where to source rolls of the plastics strips that are used to make dredge strips? so i can make my own up. 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 2:15pm
Tzer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Try Kiliwell or Bonze
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Structfab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 5:41pm
Structfab View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

some on TM
http://www.trademe.co.nz/sports/fishing/big-game/lures/auction-1373139909.htm
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote part-timer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 9:13pm
part-timer View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I sourced some last year Saltiga.  I got some metalized silver film in a roll... and a roll of "laminating" film.

I cut out baitfish shapes...  pimped them up with blue marker pens..  then sandwiched them in 2 lengths of laminating film..  then sent it through my laminater..

I did 2 meter lengths..  and cut 3 strips out of each ..  worked ok..  

I'll see if I can find details of the supplier..

J
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 8:23pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The product is Mylar.
Jakepitsville made his own last year.
There are numerous companies around the world who will supply, or make strips with any encapsulated item.
You are looking for two things that I'm aware of, longetivety of product and movement of the finished item in the water.
Unfortunately the two don't quite go hand in hand. So replacement is the cost.
But clearly worth it.
I think from what I've looked into,unless you do bulk not worth it.
But watching for others to provide, made product strips both here and abroad is favourable.
Depends on wether you want the experience of self assembly I suppose or decide it's one of those consumables and put effort into something else.
Just cruising in my now sweetas pimped out Southern 755 HT0!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote part-timer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 11:18pm
Platinum
Platinum

I did it..  worked ok..  was 45$ for 100m roll 318mm wide...  

If you want the details Saltiga, just ask.

J
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Saltiga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 9:12am
Saltiga View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by MATTOO MATTOO wrote:

The product is Mylar.
Jakepitsville made his own last year.
There are numerous companies around the world who will supply, or make strips with any encapsulated item.
You are looking for two things that I'm aware of, longetivety of product and movement of the finished item in the water.
Unfortunately the two don't quite go hand in hand. So replacement is the cost.
But clearly worth it.
I think from what I've looked into,unless you do bulk not worth it.
But watching for others to provide, made product strips both here and abroad is favourable.
Depends on wether you want the experience of self assembly I suppose or decide it's one of those consumables and put effort into something else.

Is the mylar the plastic strip? , i got the fish all sorted i just require where to get the plastic strips so I can put the fish onto 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 6:46am
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yes,
Just cruising in my now sweetas pimped out Southern 755 HT0!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote part-timer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 11:12am
Platinum
Platinum

Ill get the details tonight...   I thought I'd already pm ed you.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Saltiga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 12:09pm
Saltiga View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

[QUOTE=part-timer]Ill get the details tonight...   I thought I'd already pm ed you. [/QUOTE
cheers 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jakepitsville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 12:53pm
jakepitsville View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

How'd they last? Mine eventually died and got washed out but went to a printing firm to laminate
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote part-timer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 9:42pm
Platinum
Platinum

Saltiga..

http://carter.co.nz/catalog/thermal-film-103904.htmx

I got the   KP75318100   it took a lot of looking to find a NZ supplier..

so that code equates to 75 micron thickness  318mm width roll  and 100m roll length..
 there are a few options on that page...

Jake... I never ran them enough to say what the lifespan would be..  probably only 3 days at most... but didnt notice any damage or deterioration.

I made three 2m strips with every 2m of laminate..  

So it was about $4 per strip by the time I added in the grommet and mylar silver fish..  

Hope that helps.

Cheers, 

J
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jakepitsville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2017 at 7:00pm
Platinum
Platinum

Ah I prob got 10 days out of mine and only deteriated as the strips were stood on bent etc.. cheers for the info
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2017 at 8:01pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Sam & Jake is your dredge below the surface or on top?

Have you thought about adding soft squids or pakula dojos to mix it up, as in; some glitter and sparkle, some noise and active movement, and some splash on the top surface layer of the dredge?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Titahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 11:00am
Titahi View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Catchelot Catchelot wrote:

Sam & Jake is your dredge below the surface or on top?

A Dredge on top?.........take a minute to think about the word "Dredge", 

"I love standing by the ocean and just knowing what its for"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jakepitsville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 6:45pm
Platinum
Platinum

Trii3d both deep and shallow. Hard to say what's best due to funny season with