Jigging Rod

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jigging Rod
    Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 12:27am
Dream View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I'm based in Dunedin and need a budget light jig rod for the odd trip up to the Top of South island. Most likely use it to haul up blue cod/hapukas down here as well.

What are my options around $250 ~ mark? Will pair with a Talica 12.

Don't mind 2nd hand either.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PE Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 7:51am
PE Pete View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

https://www.marine-deals.co.nz/jigging-rods/cd-rods-nano-fast-jig-overhead-rod-5ft-3in-200-300g-47226
Check this out, deal to those horse blue cod down your ways 😄
Tight lines
PE Pete
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Garry 23041 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 8:07am
Garry 23041 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I got an Okuma nano matrix 24kg jigging rod (250gm) online for $150.00 a lot of bang for the buck and a super light little rod.
I think in terms of rods Okuma is very good value...

Time will tell on this one...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 2:09pm
Dream View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Thanks, been recommended Okuma Metaloid PE 3-6 from the guys at Marine deals @ $209 as well. Not sure why but i'm considering the Jig Star Ninja ML PE3-6 @ $369 lol

Got some time to think about it, meanwhile if anyone has a Jig Star ML OH PE 3-6 for sale let me know :D
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Garry 23041 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 2:41pm
Garry 23041 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I lost my jigstar 250 over the side a few months ago and it was a great rod for sure.

Don't doubt the quality there.

Someone listed one for sale here a couple of weeks back and I was very tempted.

I just decided to try a nano matrix because I have one for soft bait and it's very light and thin and responsive.

The Nano matrix jig is pencil thin and lighter than the jigstar.

I have not fished it yet as I am waiting till I go to the states next week to carry home an Avet jx in the new generation 2 series to put on it.

I would guess the okuma will break easier if high sticked than the jigstar as it's so thin but it seems to bend well and load up fine when I play with it...my soft bait rod has landed kings up to 15kg and seems plenty tough for what it is.
I admit I got some much needed help from the fish on that one.