Looking for a level wind worm shaft for penn peer

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Surf_fisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for a level wind worm shaft for penn peer
    Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 12:31am
Surf_fisher View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I bought a mint condition USA made penn peer 309 from the 60's and it is in need of a worm shaft for the level wind as the current one keeps binding up on one side, after looking at it I have seen that this may have been doing it years ago hence why it has seen bugger all use. I have got my local tackle shop trying to source the part but thought I would ask here just in case he has trouble locating one so I can have a back up plan so I can get this old girl running and give it the use it deserves. Old part number is 42-209 new part number is 1183346

Callsign: ZMU 4809
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 9:12pm
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I have a worm but no idea what it's off. Should be a Penn but all I can do is give you a photo. 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 10:44pm
Tzer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by hunter708 hunter708 wrote:

I bought a mint condition USA made penn peer 309 from the 60's and it is in need of a worm shaft for the level wind as the current one keeps binding up on one side, after looking at it I have seen that this may have been doing it years ago hence why it has seen bugger all use. I have got my local tackle shop trying to source the part but thought I would ask here just in case he has trouble locating one so I can have a back up plan so I can get this old girl running and give it the use it deserves. Old part number is 42-209 new part number is 1183346

Are you sure its the worm drive a lot of the time its just the pall that fits into the groves that's worn
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote OuttaHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 4:46pm
OuttaHere View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

https://store.scottsbt.com/42-209-Worm-P2338.aspx
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Surf_fisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 10:05pm
Surf_fisher View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by Tzer Tzer wrote:

Originally posted by hunter708 hunter708 wrote:

Are you sure its the worm drive a lot of the time its just the pall that fits into the groves that's worn

I tried the brand new pawl that was supplied and it did the same thing and you could see where it had been catching on the worm drive as it goes to track back, the local shop I deal with has located a brand new worm from the penn supplier and is now on the way to his shop so hopefully it solves the issue so I can get it out fishing.

Callsign: ZMU 4809