WTB Topwater Rod

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote snoteel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WTB Topwater Rod
    Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 8:08pm
snoteel View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Just putting out some feelers...
Want to put together a second topwater set and was wondering if anyone out there had a rod they might part with...cheers.
if your boyfriend doesn't like fishing....you have a girlfriend
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PE Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 9:44pm
PE Pete View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Pm sent
Tight lines
PE Pete
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mjmansonmm@gmail.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 11:06pm
[email protected] View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

What's your budget and what rod do you have in mind
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Leeroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 7:02pm
Leeroy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I have a new never used shimano pe3-6 energy concept if you are interested
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote snoteel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 7:07pm
snoteel View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by mjmansonmm@gmail.com [email protected] wrote:

What's your budget and what rod do you have in mind

PM sent
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote snoteel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 7:08pm
snoteel View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by Leeroy Leeroy wrote:

I have a new never used shimano pe3-6 energy concept if you are interested

Thanks but not really what I'm looking for?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote snoteel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 6:19pm
snoteel View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

unbelievable...mentioned to a workmate that I was looking for a topwater rod, he says "I got one at home, I will bring it in for you".
So as not to sound rude I say "cheers mate"...the next day he says "I got that rod here for you", we walk to his desk and he hands me a custom Saltywater tackle "Race Point 200"...I nearly fell over, this thing is absolutely beautiful....cant wait to try it out...thanks bro....

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 6:53pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by snoteel snoteel wrote:

unbelievable...mentioned to a workmate that I was looking for a topwater rod, he says "I got one at home, I will bring it in for you".
So as not to sound rude I say "cheers mate"...the next day he says "I got that rod here for you", we walk to his desk and he hands me a custom Saltywater tackle "Race Point 200"...I nearly fell over, this thing is absolutely beautiful....cant wait to try it out...thanks bro....

\

Lucky! Things don't always turn out as you think they will eh
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote snoteel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 7:10pm
snoteel View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

\

No Smudge, they certainly don't...
It's an amazing rod. I have only ever seen one other and that was among a collection of Synit, Carpenter, Temple Reef and Ripple Fisher and rated by the owner as his 2nd favourite after the Synit VD...and this guy just casually hands it to me saying "here you go"... 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 7:26pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

\

No Smudge, they certainly don't...
It's an amazing rod. I have only ever seen one other and that was among a collection of Synit, Carpenter, Temple Reef and Ripple Fisher and rated by the owner as his 2nd favourite after the Synit VD...and this guy just casually hands it to me saying "here you go"... 

Nice, that's some seriously good company you keep
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 9:40pm
jac View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

That rod has legendary status (rp200)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote snoteel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 9:45pm
snoteel View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by jac23 jac23 wrote:

That rod has legendary status (rp200)

yeah jac23...i know it's pedigree...it's a thing of beauty...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Legacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 12:37pm
Legacy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I can just imagine the surprise you got when you saw that rod ! Awesome story .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote snoteel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 2:19pm
snoteel View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by Legacy Legacy wrote:

I can just imagine the surprise you got when you saw that rod ! Awesome story .

Yeah Legacy...I hardly know this guy and was really not expecting much.
It would be a massive understatement to say I was surprised...I was speechless....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 4:32pm
The Tamure Kid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

But you turned down an Energy Concept! Oh well, fishing is all about the one that got away Tongue