R.I.P. Lethal ....Funeral Arrangements

Page  <1 2345>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote No Major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 5:56pm
No Major View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Very sad news - such a knowledgeable and helpful fisherman who will be missed.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pirate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 9:28pm
pirate View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

RIP Lethal.. rest easy legend
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote salty69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 9:38pm
salty69 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Highly respected, even by those of us who never met him. RIP.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fish Addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 9:59pm
Fish Addict View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I never meet him however it was clear from his posts that he was not only a very skilled fisherman but he also had a very strong passion for fish conservation.
Condolences to friends and family.
RIP Lethal.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 11:43pm
JB View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

May your lines always come up tight and I'm hoping it's always variable 5 knot forecasts in that spot over the horizon.

RIP Eric
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 5:16pm
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Bummer...inspiring and approachable. See ya Lehal one day
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wide Load Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 6:04pm
Wide Load View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

A fine gentleman who gave freely of his vast experience. I regret thet I never got to meet him in the flesh to shake his hand!
My condolences to his family and friends
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 4:58pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

PJ Justin Russel & I attended what was a very meangful celebration of Eric's life. Was a bit dissapointing a few more f.net members didn't take the time to farewell a legend of the fishing world. .....RIP Eric
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 5:06pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thanks Uncle and other F.nets for attending,Farewell "Lethal"
Would love to of celebrated Erics life.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote the demon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 5:17pm
the demon View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

R.I.P Eric, very sad lose to family ,and fisho community.
Yip eric always offered his knowledge  on here for many a year.
Some good debate over the fisheries  like Kezza said ,also some great knowledge on marlin I.D .It was his knowledge sharing I will miss  most of all . 

Wont forget Lethal !!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 7:22pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

I didn't go to his funeral and I'm sad about that.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Barrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 7:25pm
Barrie View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

sometimes you simply cant make it work
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Codfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 7:53pm
Codfish View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Was good to catch up yesterday uncle
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 8:06pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Originally posted by Codfish Codfish wrote:

Was good to catch up yesterday uncle

indeed Justin, was good to spend some time chewing the fat, lol.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 8:28pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Very sad, always seemed very wise and generous with knowledge on here and more widely to lots of fisher folk.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (4) Likes(4)   Quote feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 4:48pm
feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

My commiserations to Eric's family, his posts on here were always interesting and provoked a lot of thought, one did not always agree but everyone is entitled to there opinion.

On the advise front he was generous, not long after he moved to Kerikeri I pm'd him for some info, not spot X but just general directions, he provided spot X right down to the GPS marks, so in return I looked him up and took him some King Country fare in the form of game meats and snags etc, you could not get ahead of him, on receiving this he promptly dived into his freezer and out came a couple of big crays, that's the sort of bloke he was, I enjoyed chatting with him on a few occasions after this, a legend gone.

Cheers

The only bar to frequent is the Kawhia Bar
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote sea reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 8:49pm
sea reason View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Did a trip to the 3 Kings in 1988 with Eric on the Harold Hardy. with Mark Kitteridge.Simon Carter,Ross Roberts,Guy Jacobsen and others
I hope the fishing up there is great. RIP Lethal

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 9:56pm
Woody View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Only just found out about Eric's passing now. 

Was blessed to have the opportunity to fish with Eric or several occasions. And as stated his passion for fishing was first rate. 

Happy to have a get together in Auckland and even put the feelers out to suggest a memorial fishing comp of some sort???

Woody
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Raging Bull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 7:45am
Raging Bull View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt
Big Sexy

Gutted to hear this, he certainly was a great bloke! RIP Eric.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 8:57am
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Couldn't get to service as was having an op on my hand.
Met lethal a few times and got lots of help both with excellent advice and bits of gear. Like feeder said, I couldn't ever pay him but did buy some DVDs.
Caught my first Puka 35kg, on green/yellow Letham jig...still got it and will always cherish it.
You'll be missed, Lethal.Cry
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken
Page  <1 2345>