R.I.P. Lethal ....Funeral Arrangements

Page  <1234 5>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 8:04pm
Snappa Geoff View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

RIP lethal. Sad Sad News. Miss his posts and wealth of Fishing Knowledge we all loved reading. Legend.....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 8:05pm
PJay View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Oh, hell. I live up here and I hadn't heard. I did know Eric was unwell.

RIP The Legend.
PJ
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 8:06pm
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Certainly a great shock to our fishing fraternity, Eric was one of the most knowledgeable and helpful fisherman i have had the priviledge to meet, a wealth a knowledge and only too happy to help anyone who was needing help.
RIP Eric
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 8:08pm
JK View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

So sorry to hear

We've lost a legend
LedgeNZ LBG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mowerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 8:09pm
mowerman View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

We will miss You Lethal.So much knowledge you have share to us . RIP
The People Protest

Actions Speak Louder Than Words    
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rob Optimist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 8:16pm
Rob Optimist View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

RIP Lethal, a NZ fishing legend for ever
               "attitude is everything"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 8:32pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Sad to hear, RIP Lethal.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote LBGer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 8:38pm
LBGer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Fishing Net won't be the same - all round good guy.
A king on the bricks is worth 5 in a boat.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Zambezi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 8:41pm
Zambezi View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

RIP Lethal, condolences to all 
A man’s comfort in life can be measured by the quality of the toilet paper he uses to wipe his arse.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wefaknis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 8:44pm
Wefaknis View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Rip lethal..Sad day
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote John_Ra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 8:45pm
John_Ra View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Sad Loss Alright... Mad Respect Lethal...Cool Runnings  Beer

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote marlinmarty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 8:57pm
marlinmarty View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

RIP LETHAL Aka Eric M

I regularly shared banter here and really enjoyed his wealth of knowledge. He was a staunch Rec fishing advocate to the very end of a long hard fight.

"Your torch will not be laid aside the next generation will follow your lead"

Kia Kaha LETHAL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DenimViper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 8:59pm
DenimViper View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Rest in Peace Eric. My sympathies to family and friends 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jackel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 9:07pm
jackel View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

RIP Lethal, unfortunately I never met the man but did benefit from his insight he freely gave on the forum here. 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 9:21pm
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

R.I.P. Eric. He sure did have those moon and tides worked to a fine art. Those Snapper photos were mind blowing.
Loved the Intel and help he provided to all he came across. I did go and see him at his place in Keri and it was very nice beside the stream and all. Can't remember why I called in but do remember how accommodating and informative he was. I know too I walked away with a few original LETHAL lures as an unexpected bonus. One of the true genuine good guys. I'll miss him too. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Falco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 9:29pm
Falco View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Sad news indeed, my thoughts to your loved ones Eric - I hope your amongst the kelpies where ever you are.

I can remember dropping Chrome Lethal Lures for kingfish on the Graveyard as a young boy on gear most would consider very crude these days.

Definitely a big hole left in NZ's fishing community.   
as dead as dead is
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 9:38pm
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Truly a fishing legend here in NZ. I was just wondering the other day why he had gone quiet on the site, so sad to hear this was the reason. Damned shame.
It is only my overwhelming natural humility that mars my perfection.

Captain Asparagus, Superhero, Adventurer.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Olfart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 9:48pm
Olfart View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I read about this on Facebook tonightafter picking up on a post by Smudge, and posted the following:

"I am totally devastated at this awfully sad news. Eric and I were born just a few days apart from each other and though we only fished together a handful of times, to me he was like a brother from another Mother - so right now I am feeling like I have just lost a member of my family.
Rest in peace my friend......"
Semper in excreta sumus, solum profundum variat....

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sambosi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 9:58pm
Sambosi View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

When I first joined this site I knew who Lethal was, not by person, but by I guess his celebrity at showing GS how to catch trophy snapper at Miners, an episode I will never forget and one I occasionally try to replicate...

What made me really respect this man though was the way he also freely gave his knowledge here and to all through his knowledge passing on and CDs, which would of never been given fishermans secret spots in the past....I think though by dates today i was at least gen 2 or more for the CDs though.

To add to that for a good old bugger at times you did not know if he was agreeing with you or just trying to get the goat up at times in your posts but that is all fun here.

RIP Eric, sad day and a few tears for a true legend of NZ Rec Sport Fishing
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote billfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 10:09pm
billfish View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I'll wet a line on Sunday in celebration of a life well lived.  Thanks for everything Eric.  Rest easy.
Page  <1234 5>