R.I.P. Lethal ....Funeral Arrangements

Page  123 5>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (6) Likes(6)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: R.I.P. Lethal ....Funeral Arrangements
    Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 4:12pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Is with great sadness I pass on the news that our great friend & life member, Eric Morman passed away about 2 pm today, at his home in Kerikeri.

R I P Eric, you truly were one of the good buggars.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dagwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 4:17pm
Dagwood View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Seems like only yesterday he chucked in the Auckland rat race for quieter pastures.

Never met him but he sure was quick to share his considerable knowledge.

Sincere condolences to his family.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 4:26pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

A great loss indeed RIP mate.
When you cry, feel pain or sadness, no one notices your sorrow .... BUT
fart just ONE time !!!!!!!!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SaltyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 4:40pm
SaltyC View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

No, say it isn't so!

A great fisherman who delighted in sharing his expertise, he will be sadly missed.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Finatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 4:46pm
Finatic View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

No way! 

A true fishing legend. I was privileged to fish with Eric a couple of times as well as call in to Smart Marine when he was working there and glean plenty of fishing tips. 

RIP Eric. May you be catching those biggun's wherever you are.

What's the cheapest type of meat? Dear balls. They're under a buck.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 5:22pm
Barrie View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

A guy that I had a hell of a lot of time for. Showed me a lot about fishing.  A lot of people will never know some of the things he achieved.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote waynorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 5:29pm
waynorth View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Like most on here I knew him better as Lethal than I did as Eric, but one of the NZ fishing industry legends either way. RIP Eric, & condolences to your family & friends.
treat fish like fish
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Potty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 5:38pm
Potty View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Cry RIP Lethal, that man was an icon.
Love fishing, love my job. It's a bloody shame that they clash.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 6:00pm
JW View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Oh that's sad news. RIP Lethal.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 6:04pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Would have loved to have met him. What a fisho, RIP Eric. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Legacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 6:19pm
Legacy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Very sad day , condolences to those that knew him .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 6:40pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Ohhhh dear. I'm crying. He was my friend but we moved apart. Just yesterday I was thinking about how i haven't heard from him in such a long time. As a newbie here (well a very early newbie) I remember when Kezza introduced him to the forum. Then I met the guy. Then I worked with him. I was a boss he was a general hand. He had my respect always. Even when he told me off, which was reasonably often in recent years.

One of NZ's greatest modern day fishermen imo. RIP Eric.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Fish Pimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 6:44pm
Fish Pimp View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Tomorrow is never promised Fish now..
RIP.Lethal.
Condolences to all concerned.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Tzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 6:53pm
Tzer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yep New Zealand loses another legend. RIP Eric
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 6:57pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Condolences to family and friends,Never met Eric (lethal) but enjoyed his posts and later his Facebook Posts.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Screaming Reels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 6:59pm
Screaming Reels View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I was only today thinking have not seen a post from Eric on facebook in a while, Only met the man once way back in the 80s. Will truly be missed. CryCryCry
The Car Doctor Mangakino
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Bounty Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 7:00pm
Bounty Hunter View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

ahh Lethal - an NZ fishing legend - also part of the early spearo community here - im sure he will still be looking for big snapper where ever he is now...
No disintegrations!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote skunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 7:45pm
skunk View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

RIP Lethal.
A true legend and pioneer .
Condolences to his family and friends.
"Team Skunk 10th equal Grunter Hunter 2020"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 7:53pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by Dagwood Dagwood wrote:

Seems like only yesterday he chucked in the Auckland rat race for quieter pastures.

Never met him but he sure was quick to share his considerable knowledge.

Sincere condolences to his family.

Dagwood his fishing knowledge was immense we all know that but he really was the most approachable guy. No pretensions, what you saw was what you got!
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ChrisW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 7:57pm
ChrisW View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Eric is NZ legend.  
We all learned something from him that made a difference in our lives.  
give it death!
Page  123 5>