The New Zealand Outdoors Party

Topic Closed

Page  <1234 7>
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 3:50pm
Rocksteady View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Done.

Good on for you actually doing something about these issues that concern all of us. There's plenty of people around with opinions about what needs to happen or the way things should be done, but far less willing to actually step up and give it a crack.

Cheers,
Saul
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 4:38pm
Raging Bull View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt
Big Sexy

All done, how many members have you got so far?
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 4:43pm
Raging Bull View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt
Big Sexy

Something came popped up about having to sign something and send it in, i must have closed it and can't find it again. Do I have to do something else? I have received an email saying thanks for signing up and have paid the money.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 5:18pm
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

They need your actual signature, download this form, scan it and email it back

http://www.outdoorsparty.co.nz/signature-required-form/

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 6:11pm
Mr Crabtree View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi All
In order to register as a political party the Electoral Commission insists we have an orginal or image of your signature, along with date of birth and a $5 membership fee.  We are registering this week and right now have 486 of those AND SO ONLY NEED A FEW MORE!

Either download, print out and complete the application form from here: http://www.outdoorsparty.co.nz/sign_up_form.pdf

then scan and email back to me at [email protected]

OR

Sign up online and send me a picture of a piece of paper with "Below is the signature of (YOUR NAME) for membership of the Outdoors Party and to confirm I have paid my membership fee" written on it and photo this and email it back to me.

Your $5 membership fee should go into our Kiwibank account no:

38-9017-0320052-00

Sorry it's arduous but them's the rules from the Electoral Commission.

Thank you for your support.  We can do this!
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 6:11pm
Bronze
Bronze

Rocksteady - really appreciate your support! Thank you.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 6:24pm
Clutch View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Sound like americas cup rules
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 7:01pm
Bronze
Bronze

Big smile
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 8:59pm
John_Ra View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Fee Paid & Form signed, email sent.....

Good Luck
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 11:10am
Bronze
Bronze

Thank you all for joining, keep them coming in please!

Regards

David Haynes
Co-Leader
NZ Outdoors Party
[email protected]
www.outdoorsparty.co.nz
www.facebook.com/nzoutdoorsparty
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 12:58pm
gunangler View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Our Application is in on time and membership is growing at an astonishing rate. heaps of thanks to everyone who helped us get over the line....  The next job is to decide how we promote our ideals for this election and get some traction on all the issues affecting the outdoors. More fish in sea, access, excessive tourism, clean water and so the list goes on.  If our application for registration is successful look forward to these issues being advocated and debated this election.
Again so many thanks to everyone ..its been a hectic time and the great thing is it has been done by ordinary people believing in their country. When you see what some of the other parties have spent we all should be proud that grassroots can still achieve in NZ
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 4:02pm
Coutta View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Quite a few years ago fishermen/women and hunters had a bloody good chance of getting representation in parliament.  When it came to the elections, most would not commit their party vote and a golden opportunity went south.
At the time I was writing for New Zealand Fishing News and in the following issue I fired a bit of a barrage at those voters.  If I remember correctly I told them they had their chance and didn't take it.  While agreeing it was their choice and their vote but when (not if) we again got screwed not to complain.  To me they didn't have a right to.  
We've now got another opportunity.  I really hope those who didn't support it last time but still complain will think differently this time around.  I said I hope, but somehow I doubt if they will.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 10:09pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

i am sure that this party has good intentions to retain what most kiwis have been brought up with,The great out doors,able to shoot/fish etc without huge restrictions.
reality is 600k+ fish/shoot etc how many would vote just to retain what we have taken for granted?
There is more important issues to the kiwi life style,affordable housing,ability to re pay personnel debt,employment and the halt to refugees/immigration to enable kiwis to seek employment with a decent standard living wage rather than trying to compete with non kiwis for employment.
Good luck but to me this party can only represent those who may of reached a comfortable life style,retirees. Nz is not ready for such a party.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 11:05am
gunangler View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

PJC. When Will NZ be ready for such a party..... when you have reached lifestyle/retirement etc .. Problem is if we dont do something now  it will not be there when you retire.. Sometimes we have to think well ahead as life goes really quick and before you know it you are there and then wish you had of done something earlier. I have many regrets of not taking action on issues because of the busyness of life.  But also MMP was not available to us back then. It is now and we need to use it to ensure that when you do retire there are fish for you to catch and fish for you to show your grandchildren how to catch... and rivers to camp by etc.
Your signature tagline is interestingSmile however I can assure you tomorrow does come!Smile
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 12:47pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Agree with that Gunangler.So true.
The problem for any small party is to translate worthy  ideal into reality. Big gap to bridge,but able to be done i believe.
Problem in N.Z is our fixation with the production at all costs mentality. And for everything there is a cost. So we export everything that moves or dosent move,and the cost is great.
And in return we get ever increasing debt--hardly a good tradeoff.
We need to be a much smarter country in what we do and how we do it.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 12:47pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I see you getting the party out there.Seen your phamlets around various clubs.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 6:23pm
gunangler View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Great...Im looking forward to getting us out there....we have a big job ahead but at the moment getting registered is the focus....Smile
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 5:59pm
feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Coutta hit the nail on the head, at that time I helped to get that party going in the King Country, if those that pledged their party vote had done what they said there would have been more than 1 seat gained, as it was the number of party votes made certainly made the main partys sit up and take notice.

The choice is yours, recreation is a very important issue, use it or lose it.

Cheers
The only bar to frequent is the Kawhia Bar
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2017 at 3:34pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

They're asking for donations now. I suppose elections don't come cheap, so I've given a small amount. Good luck to them. 

If any party people are reading, how about sending out stickers to people who donate? It's more "advertising" and seems to have worked well for Legasea. 
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2017 at 5:42pm
gunangler View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

All that stuff is coming and being printed now... We are hamstrung by the time it has taken to get registered but we are hopeful we will hear early this week and then get our campaign underway.  We can't do much until then.,.. We have an awesome campaign plan hatched, some great candidates standing and I'm sure you will all love it...when we are allowed to fire up! hahhaha
Outdoorsparty.co.nz

Page  <1234 7>