You dont speak like a politician "gunangler"

You seem to make too much senseThumbs Up

bang on Kev
He does indeedBig smile 
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2017 at 3:41pm
gunangler View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Thanks team! I'm too old and too stuffed to want to spend my last few years fighting in Wgtn. I have been very much involved in all the issues of the day since 1970 and realise I have had bugger all effect from hundreds of meetings and hundreds of letters etc etc over the years. .
It took MMP and a few years for me to work it out! The supply agreement is the secret to it ... if they give us the outcome we want then they govern.  If not they dont.  I believe the problem has been that the champion of the outdoors Peter Dunne liked his job as a minister. So while he did get a watered down version of the Game Animal Council in, generally over the 15 years that he represented the old Outdoor recreation party...really... FA got done.  We need to be in charge of our own fate not leaving it to another party. I hope, and it has been the case so far, that we attract good sensible "outdoors" people who are NOT politicians!
Anyway that's the path we are on now and we have the backing of most of the major outdoors groups. So onwards and upwards...
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2017 at 4:46pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by gunangler gunangler wrote:

The good old 1080 debate eh! It is hijacking the Outdoors and as a result all the other issues get ignored because we are so divided. . When anti firearms legislation comes in or snapper limits are imposed  or access is denied I wonder how 1080 has helped in those arguments.
I think our policy is more than excellent and is the result of a team of hunting experts many of whom you would acknowledge as being leaders in that world.
Even I personally was one of the first in NZ to scream 1080 in the early 1970 and featured in many stories about it. All of us have not changed our views and if we get in then we will demand change.  But if you let 1080 hijack the conversation then no one will be able to help you. You can go back to writing never answered letters to ministers.. even now we have some startling information to be announced in the next week on 1080 which I dont see the ban1080 party or anyone else doing anything about it...
If you have not read our policy then do so.
http://www.outdoorsparty.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/NZ-Outdoors-Party-1080-Policy.pdf

Do you have a fishing policy?? because the 1080 one is bland,having seen the results at well known camp area on the tairua side of coromandel(broken hills)1080 has worked just fine,there are number of native birds arrived back ,black rat(import but semi native)all thrieving and no problem drinking the water and trout around.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2017 at 7:55pm
feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Best of luck viscount getting the unemployed to do bait stations etc, it is bloody hard work, you will need an army of one on one supervisors and that is if they actually turn up for work, which I'm quite sure they won't.

Cheers
The only bar to frequent is the Kawhia Bar
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 11:11am
Mr Crabtree View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

The "wasted vote" argument is what the two major parties use to try to consolidate their votes.  It is completely self-fulfilling.  If you don't embrace MMP which is about political diversity and theme based parties, then we will end up like the USA with only two parties.

Our main parties have consistently failed to even acknowledge the importance of our outdoors heritage and if you think it is a minority issue why have we got 700,000 sea fishers, 300,000 trampers, 120,000 freshwater anglers, 34,000 game bird hunters, 100,000 big game hunters, 60 kayaking clubs.

And what do you think is a major attraction for our overseas doctors, surgeons, film makers, software engineers, animal geneticists, professors, researchers, etc to come and live here?  I have spent the past month talking to them and....you guessed it....it's the outdoors opportunities!
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 10:33am
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I also don't buy in to the "wasted vote" argument. If I was to party vote National, and Labour won. Would my vote be considered a "wasted vote". I'll be voting for the Outdoors Party. The squeaky wheel gets the oil. Come on guys, give them the numbers or we'll be in the same or even worse position in three years.
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 10:56am
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by kitno kitno wrote:

I also don't buy in to the "wasted vote" argument. If I was to party vote National, and Labour won. Would my vote be considered a "wasted vote". I'll be voting for the Outdoors Party. The squeaky wheel gets the oil. Come on guys, give them the numbers or we'll be in the same or even worse position in three years.

I agree. If you think in terms of "wasted votes", nothing would ever change. It would just be a back and forth between the two major parties. At the very least, if the Outdoors party got a decent number of votes, it might make the big parties realise that people actually care about this stuff.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 5:58pm
gunangler View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Thanks all,
We are doing this because we think it is about time the million fisherman and hunter had a decent say in our future. To date the big parties have fed off us but given nothing back in return ..all they have done is let big business strip us of the resource.
Fisheries is a good example. How can we get any traction when the big fishing companies fund the big parties" Ie biggest shareholder in Sanfords is the chairman of National.  Labour moved Shane Jones on to Pacific Fisheries economic ambassador with the roving brief of enhancing commercial fishing opportunities around the pacific. Now he is standing for NZ First.
The point is we are shafted whichever way we go so hence we need our own party.
What ever we do this election will have  huge bearing on our success going forward ...we are new and determined we will make a difference and fight for a major change to the way fishing is administered in NZ.
At the moment the commercial fishing interests are backing Winston's mob so hopefully they have the eye off the ball with us! Smile
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 8:05pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Alan, I'm voting for NZ Outdoors no question. I'm sure it's not lost on you that the problem with recreational fishers/hunters/anyone is that people will pick up on one part of a policy that they don't agree with (1080 for instance Confused) and so they won't vote for the very people that are going hard out to support the very lifestyle that we all want.

Refer to the facebook posts about politics, most people can't get past the teeth, the sound of the politicians voice, a face that looks like a horse etc.

There's just no pleasing some (most) people.

Very sad but that's how it is. For what it's worth you have my vote.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 8:19pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

...& mine Big smile
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 6:46am
maxtarakihi View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

2 more from here .Lets get it moving.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 8:17am
kiwifred View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

im in.... Hutt South is one of the few electorates that have an outdoors party MP standing 
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 9:45am
Mr Crabtree View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

We only have four candidates standing in this election, details of which are here:

http://www.outdoorsparty.co.nz/outdoors-party-canditates-blogs-and-posts/#

We all have TWO VOTES, an Electorate Vote and a Party Vote.  We want everyone to give us their PARTY VOTE as well.

The response to date has been amazing, unified and inspiring.  We will do our damndest to get a hunter and angler into Parliament.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 10:23am
Tagit View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Small parties entering the race as I see it -
1st election to gain some credibility and mainly funded by the party creators
2nd election to expand the support base and improve outside funding
3rd election try to get a seat or two and hence improved funding going forward
4th election - either already have a seat or two and after more or probably never going to happen without a major sponsor coming along

I will drop you my party vote and hope you can still be here for that 3rd/4th election when I would expect to see you guys making it count. I may not be doing a lot of fishing by them but my kids will be.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 11:04am
gunangler View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

We will be around...Smile. I am determined we build a party that lasts well into the future and that fisherman and hunters and all other lovers of the outdoors can be proud of. We are determined to keep to our knitting and by doing that we can be more effective in our areas of expertise.
We have had some amazing people join the party and generously donate so we are so appreciative of that.  With the numbers and finance we will go forward responsibly and with new young people taking the helm we will achieve our goals.
I could say LETS DO IT FOR THE OUTDOORS
The rest, Tax, hospitals, schools will happen no matter what we as individuals do...
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 11:04pm
BakWash View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Tagit, 
   I reckon you've hit the nail right on the head. This is gonna be a long term thing & those who understand that outdoors folk need a GENUINE voice in parliament need to stick with these guy's, even if they don't get far this time around.

There is no such thing as a "wasted vote" under MMP. They are all counted by the parties & influence future policy.
   I think near the same votes will come to this party from National & Labour (enthusiast's come from all walks of life), thus no real effect on who "wins". Rather a serious chance to effect what wins - the outdoors & our continued access to it.

Gunangler,
   You guys have got my two. Good luck. 
Regards .. Bak
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 2:40pm
like_to_strike View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

+1 from me, voted yesterday.

I really hope the fishing community gets behind you guys. Thumbs Up
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 3:53pm
Tagit View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

It's going to totally depend on how much of a message they can get out. If they reached every 'outdoors person' in NZ they could probably do OK. Reality for this election will be that they might barely reach a single digit % in any meaningful way so the real work starts after this election. Still, give them all the support you can or else there is no fisheries message to whoever gets elected.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 4:24pm
wayno View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Thumbs Up

To be old and wise you must first be young and stupid.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 9:50am
skunk View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Be great to get a "voice" in any sort of influencial position.
Definitely not wasted votes..and need to start sometime, somewhere.
We're certainly not really thought of as an important group at the moment, just an annoying mumble in the background.
"Team Skunk 10th equal Grunter Hunter 2020"
Page  <1 23456 7>